Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for new prop!

HELP!
    Our prop got damaged with a couple weeks left in the season. The boat is in storage for the winter now, so i have plenty of time to resolve the issue. In my city, there is only one place who repairs props and is the only place to buy one as well (if anyone else from Calgary knows of anywhere else, please let me know). The company qouted 795.00 Cad for a new 3 blade and 895.00 Cad for a 4 blade. If anyone has a spare they would like to sell that is in good condition, please let me know. I looked online and found a few for about 439.00 on websites. The other option is to get it repaired. They wont be able to get to it until november, and starts at 160 and goes up depending on the damage. Any tips on taking the prop off or is it straight foreward? i believe the prop we have is a 13X13 not sure about about the bore. its either 1" or 1-1/8"

thanks for any help!

Have you called Acme Propeller? Great guys to work with.

Comment

Yup... call ACME - those prices are high!

You might consider getting another one anyway and still getting the damagd one fixed so that you have a spare. In terms of getting it off, a rubber mallet is a good tool or all you have is a conventional hammer, make sure you put a piece of wood between the strike and the prop. If you are lucky, it will come off with a little effort. If not, there are tools that can be purchased to do it or you can take it to a shop to have it taken off....

Comment

Check with HyperActive Watersports in Calgary. They should have a prop for your tige. If not they can order one for you as they do sell Acme props. As for fixing your prop, that is about the goin rate. Get it fixed, buy a new prop and keep the fixed one as a back up.

Comment

Also, make sure you check the alignment of your shaft and strut. Even the smallest dings can cause a problem there. I'd have your dealer check it out.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
            Yup... call ACME - those prices are high!

You might consider getting another one anyway and still getting the damagd one fixed so that you have a spare. In terms of getting it off, a rubber mallet is a good tool or all you have is a conventional hammer, make sure you put a piece of wood between the strike and the prop. If you are lucky, it will come off with a little effort. If not, there are tools that can be purchased to do it or you can take it to a shop to have it taken off....
            I will have to call or email them when i find out my WOT and shaft size, and see what they recommend.

thanks for all the input!!

Comment

Originally posted by hyper4life View Post
              Check with HyperActive Watersports in Calgary. They should have a prop for your tige. If not they can order one for you as they do sell Acme props. As for fixing your prop, that is about the goin rate. Get it fixed, buy a new prop and keep the fixed one as a back up.
              Hyperactive in Calg told me weeks ago, that they do not sell them. Then the guy said he would check into it cause i have an older model to see if he had something sitting around but never called back?

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                Also, make sure you check the alignment of your shaft and strut. Even the smallest dings can cause a problem there. I'd have your dealer check it out.
                im having the company who is winterizing the boat take off the prop (free!!! rare word when it comes to boats) so i will have him check it as well.

Comment

Good idea. If you call acme they will likely know what shaft size you have. You can also send a private message to Lee and ask him... he knows everything.

Comment

I got mine fixed through Hyperactive and it was a little less than 300. They sent it out and got it done at a shop. I was talking to a guy that boats at the same lake--Windernmere/Invermere and he took his prop to the boat shop at Invermere--he got the prop back and it cost him less than 200 and he got it back in 10 days---I got mine back from Hyperactive in 3 months which was ok cause it was winter. Talk to Brett at hyper.--hes treated me well. If you are a Tige owner the price of a prop goes way down--(cant remember if you had to but the boat from them). If thats the case pm me and I will phone Brett and try and put it on my account---this could save you a couple of hundred bucks.Hope this helps. Bibbs

Comment

Working...
                    X