tower speaker?? 4 u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tower speaker?? 4 u

do you run them in stereo or mono. how do you have them wired?

Stair-E-Air-E-O...
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Stereo. I have 2 pair of tower speakers and run them in parallel on a 2 channel amp.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Does it really matter, can the avg human hear stereo @ 80' away.

Oh, to answer your ???, stereo, 4 speakers, 4 chnl amp, 1spkr/chnl.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mine are not up yet but will be running 4 pro 60's in parallel with a 2 channel amp. They will be in stereo
          Let it be!!!

Comment

Don't bring up this topic on wakeworld. There are some that think you are going to actually be able to hear the minimal phase cancellation from running in mono on the tower. Sheesh.

Run them in whatever mode you can to net the best match to the drivers to the amp. Mine are 2ohm mono.
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I hear minimal phase calculation (kinda like seeing dead people).
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

you are only going to have an issue if you get the directional polarity of the speaker wire wrong. I mean, you know there is always an amplifier end and a speaker end for every speaker wire, right????

Okay, just in case.... I AM KIDDING!!!!!

I have played around with cryo freezing and green ink though... to no avail...
                It's not an optical illusion.
                It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
                  you are only going to have an issue if you get the directional polarity of the speaker wire wrong. I mean, you know there is always an amplifier end and a speaker end for every speaker wire, right????

Okay, just in case.... I AM KIDDING!!!!!

I have played around with cryo freezing and green ink though... to no avail...
                  Did you run it through the flux capicitor?
                  Common Sense is not so Common
                  Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                    Did you run it through the flux capicitor?
                    It is series wired through the flux capacitor. This to filter any low frequency information that is out of phase in left channel with respect to the right channel, prior to mono-summing the preamp input signal at the amplifier.

Low frequency info that is out of phase left vs. right can cause your amp to mess up when mono-summed. It casues the amp to not play at low frequencies... Hence the flux capacitor as a series filter.

Oh, be careful to not get any dihydrogen monoxide on the amps curcuit boards when installing the flux capacitor... For that matter just be careful with dihydrogen monoxide. It can cause excessive bladder secretions due to continued and/or excessive ingestion... It also will mess up a boat's hull under prolonged exposure...
                    Last edited by philwsailz; 12-13-2007, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Theres only one way to power good tower speakers, You need a warp core and some high grade dilithium crystals. It can handle however you wire the speakers. It does get a little hot though.
                      Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
                        Theres only one way to power good tower speakers, You need a warp core and some high grade dilithium crystals. It can handle however you wire the speakers. It does get a little hot though.
                        That'w why we use ferrofluid..

Comment

Working...
                        X