helpa newbie out will ya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

helpa newbie out will ya

so im tired of my feet going numb 10 min. into a ride because i use my friends gear and his foot is smaller. but hey hes nice enough to let me use them and plus hes got the boat. i need to get my own bindings and most likley a board too. im 6'1"240lbs size 10 1/2 - 11 shoe wider the better. his is a lrg so im thinking xl or xxl. im looking for something easy to put on that will hold up. im not sure if all bindings are so hard to get on or is it because they are to small. i know you all will have some good input thanx in advance. i do have a shop that we deal with that will let me test stuff i just want to get some input on where to start looking.
    Last edited by kko; 07-16-2007, 03:38 AM.

All the new liquid force bindings are nice and easy to get into, and most binding sizes now are by shoe size
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

I'll second the recommendation for the Liquid Force bindings. If you're willing to go for last year's model, you can save money, too.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

the zues hinge is what I like and its easy to put on

Comment

I can vouch for the hinge tech in CWB. It is great. I have the Faction and really like them. Try a pair on and I am sure you will like them.

Comment

Demo as many boards as you can from the shop. This is the only way to find the right board for you. As far as bindings size get an xl the xxl will be too big.
            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I have the new LF Shane closed toe bindings. I wear a shoes size 11-11.5 and I got the 11-12 and they fit great. They are hands down the most comfortable bindings I have ever owned. My feet used to get sore by my 3rd jump in my old LF bindings but now they never do.
              If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

I love my CWB Faction Bindinings. Easy to get in and out of and very comfortable. My wife has the Torq and loves them as well. The Hinge tech is awesome.
                Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                Winston Churchill

Comment

I just picked up the CWB Duece bindings, they don't have the hinge tech like the faction or fuse, so they're hard to get into. I can't get in them without soap. I got the L and have a 10.5-11 foot. The large is supposed to be for size 11-12. They must run small, cause there's no way a size 12 is getting into these.

They are very comfortable to ride in, but I feel like my leg will come out of my hip socket before these come off my feet.

Comment

If you can get a XL, then you might be better. I have a 10.5 size foot also but took the Large in Faction and they fit just right. Can you return them?

Comment

hey thanx for the input i saw the hinged ones in a mag 2day. they do look easy to get into i just worried about them staying closed while in use but it sounds like you guys/gals dont have that problem so i think ill try them out.

Comment

I haven't had any problems as tall. I have taken a fall that completely pounded my chest and sucked every last breath that I had out of me. I almost came out of the bindings at that time. My right foot was 1 inch off the sole of the binding but stayed on.

Comment

Even tho, I ride all Hyperlite, its a PITA to get my boots on I second liquid force boots, But I do like the little bit older Parks boots
                          The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Another vote for the CWB Zeus bindings. They run small, so upsize over what you might normally order. I bought another pair (larger), so we could accomodate everybody. Every single person who has tried them has said that they are the most comfortable binding they have ever used.

Comment

wow i cant tell you how good that makes me feal i just ordered them the 06 version that is i thought i needed an xl because lrg always hurt me feet in a non hinge style that is never tried a hinge before and as fait had it the only pair left was an xl so i went for them $230 free shipping. get them fri or mon i can send them back if they are to big but i feel with what your saying the xl is going to be for me. my local shop we deal with does not carry cwb bindings wich sux because he would let me try them for a week or so to make sure but enough of you guys had all good things to say so i took a chance.i let ya know how they work out.
                              Last edited by kko; 07-17-2007, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X