I need brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need brakes

Hopefully ssrgeoff will read this because I know he rides.

I bought a 2004 Fit Bike Co. Pro and I need a Brake set-up. A brake, a U-brake that is, A brake lever, and maybe a section of brake cable.

Any suggestions on where to look, call, or whatever, help.

It has to mount on those down posts on the top chain stays(frist pic) Second and third are just showing off
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wannabewakeboarder; 04-06-2007, 10:15 PM.
    The sun never sets on a badass

I will also be looking to repaint in the comming weeks, if it would warm up.
    So any color combo suggestions would be nice, I like Matts idea of making it not look like everyone elses. So i'm open for suggestions.

Comment

Hot Pink
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
        Hot Pink
        And purple accents. And Barbie graphics. And of course a basket and handlebar streamers.

Mike
        Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Well, no pink for me I'm not like that, a purple bike don't look bad at all tho.

Comment

I used to order all my stuff through catalog.....I'm sure there's a bike shop in your town.

BTW you need to pull a link of chain; you have too much slack, and I can see where it rubbed through the paint on your rear fork.
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
              BTW you need to pull a link of chain; you have too much slack, and I can see where it rubbed through the paint on your rear fork.
              done,

bought brakes at my local shop but dont know how to run the cable around the U-brake, Ima call Dan's tomorrow and see watups.

thanks, anymore input on colors?? i like black/white or orange/black

Comment

Get V-brakes, they work better. You should be able to get a kit to fit that frame. You are probably better off going to a local bike shop because they'll be able to match what you need to your frame.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The Fly brand of u brakes are supposed to be awesome. I haven't used them but always heard they were worth the extra bucks.

I like contrasting colors, one for the head tube, seat tube, and bottom chainstays and then make the top tube, down tube, and top chainstays the same. Just an idea, the orange and black would look good.

Comment

Dog, I already have the U-Brakes, I would have used V's except mine isn't compatable withs V's(I have some laying around)

I was thinking only bars and fork black(I'd re-sand then repaint) and frame(whole frame orange or white, with black spokes and rims.

I have an Odyseey 1999 BMX Brake Kit(brake,cable/houseing and lever*)

*on the lever where it wraps the bar is broken lol

Any body know how to run the cable? I've had different shops tell me different ways to run it, so I'm confused.

Comment

Here's with the strattle cable it's like step 7

Comment

You need this basket, then match the colors of the flowers
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have a pink one...... haha yea right

Hey do you have brakes, I'll come pick 'em up from you

Comment

I would help but the last time I took my brakes apart i forget how they went back together. So now they are held together with good o'l duct tape. On the bright side they work better than they ever did before, AND THEY HAVE YET TO FALL APART!!
                            Common Sense is not so Common
                            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

um, you can normally use v brakes on anything, they are interchangeable. I changed mine to V brakes anyway.
                              Originally posted by G-MONEY
                              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X