Billet Flag Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billet Flag Holder

Anyone have some good hook ups for a Billet Flag Holder for the tower and the flags that go with it. I have found a few on line and wanted to see if anyone has more info. The Bot one look terrible but the AirBoom style one is what I am looking for but at a better price with the flag. Thanx
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

I also need this info as my wood handled flag is rotting away.

Comment

i use the flag poles that mount into your rear nav light slot. It works great!
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I ended up getting one from TWS in Corona. They are not cheap but very convient when changing riders.
        Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
        Winston Churchill

Comment

I love those things. We have one and when the kids want to take a dunk in the water, we put the flag up so no one has to hold that damn thing....

Comment

can someone show me what your talking about? this whole new flag crap thing is new to me. I know you have to have one in cali, but what's this you all are talking about?

Comment

also,

Since I have a flag holder on my tower, can we just put up a flag there if we all get out of the water?

Comment

can anyone confirm this? that lives in CA?

Comment

Why not... The flag is there to alert people that there is or might be someone in the water.... It's no different than a scuba diving flag....

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                    can someone show me what your talking about? this whole new flag crap thing is new to me. I know you have to have one in cali, but what's this you all are talking about?
                    Any time you have someone in the water or a rope in the water you need an orange flag to alert other boats that people or a line is in the water near your boat.
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                      This is what I got and am talking about

Winston Churchill

Comment

I remember from my boating class in CA is anytime you have someone in the water for skiing, boarding, surfing etc, the flag must be held by a person when they are down. I think they mentioned the spotter must be at least 12 years old. Trying to find my regulation book but it might be at the other house. It is a grey area if everyone is floating around the boat cooling off but most LE will leave you alone if you have a flag mounted on the tower.
                        Let it be!!!

Comment

I agree with the 12 year old thing......

Comment

Just reviewed cliff note version of CA boating law. Book has not been updated since 2005. When watersporting a spotter of at least 12 years old must be in the boat. Says flag must be displayed when person down, getting ready getting out or when a line is extended from the boat or ski is in the vicinty of the boat.. Under that section does not say how to display. I know I was pulled over once for not removing the flag from the tower after we all cooled off. Was issued verbal warning flags should only be displayed for people in the water or distress
                            Last edited by xpjim1; 05-03-2007, 06:31 PM.
                            Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
                              This is what I got and am talking about

Coach, where did you get your mount and flag?

Comment

Working...
                              X