Looking for VX in Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for VX in Black

Looking for VX for 2013 Z3 in black, just wondering if any one has one that has upgraded to another system etc?

Originally posted by GregVH View Post
    Looking for VX for 2013 Z3 in black, just wondering if any one has one that has upgraded to another system etc?
    I have an Avx platform you can have.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by GregVH View Post

GregVH did you ever end up finding a BlackVX?

I ask because if you went with the AVX elevated mentioned, I’m curious about the install and the end result. Any update?

Comment

I did not go with the offer on the AVX personally cause of just that "The install" and thou I think it would help alot for my conditions, its just to much of a hassle for me personally at the time being. Plus I have a TT version 1 and I might be wrong on this but think I would have to have the TT2 panel.

Which brings up a thought, how much of a hassle would it be to change to TT2 from a TT1 panel?

Comment

I get ya. Having a random toggle switch and another random gauge to try to tell you the AVX setting isn’t that appealing. I too would like to hear from an expert if making the switch is possible. Obviously some fab would be needed to get the new display in. From my understanding the system consists of a screen and a handful of control modules that send voltage to each system (ballast, speedset, lighting) through a common fuse panel based on what buttons are pressed.

Can a person buy the screen and related control modules and wire them to the fuse panel? I know that they changed suppliers from Medallion to Murphy. Does the Murphy eventually send the same voltage to a similar fuse panel?

I’m a numbers guy not an electrical engineer or mechanic so I may be way out in left field here, but it would be a nice upgrade/replacement if the TT1 ever fails.

Comment

Switching from TT1 to TT2 would be such a huge expensive PITA. Would basically have to rewire the whole boat, or at least the entire helm. The money would be better spent as a down payment on boat already equipped with TT2 if you really wanted the newer screen.

Comment

I was out in left field, indeed. I’ll be showing this to my wife next time the new boat discussion comes up ha!

Comment

Working...
              X