Fresh Air Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Air Exhaust

Just finished installing my FAE and can’t wait to get it in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. You will enjoy it.
    I'm surprised there isn't a support bar that goes to the swim step. Maybe it's been improved?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Two support runs back to two brackets that mount on the hinge of the TAP plate. Supper clean look.

Comment

Nice looking install! I do like the way the one piece pipe looks. You’re going to love it!
        Can you post a pic or two of the support brackets, specifically where it attaches to the pipe. I’m curious if they’ve change the attachment method from mine. I’m guessing yes as the one I put on my boys RZ2 recently was just a tab welded on the pipe, some stainless tubing, and the bracket to the TAPS plate mount.
        Last edited by Jetdriver; 05-01-2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

There is an inch long round tube welded to the inside bend of the pipe. The brackets utilize the 3 bolts on each end of the hinge of the TAP plate. I get pics this weekend.

Comment

My once piece Y pipe is the same way, I’m kind of surprised they haven’t changed it as the welds are much cleaner on the tabs. I wouldn’t think it’d be strength related as the single exhaust pipes utilize them and they generate the same amount of drag as the double exhaust pipes with half the support.

Comment

Very clean looking! Damn they have changed... I bought mine in 2015 and it still had the support bars... Mine actually fell off at the Tigé Reunion on the last day... My fault I think as I didn't check the hose clamp screws... Luckily one of the bars stayed on or it would have been a goner though... Can you take some pictures of the new support? Wondering if when I re-install my boat I can add those as well...

Comment

Here’s a couple pics of my TAPS plate mounts. Sorry if they come out oriented weird, I was laying on the sun deck in my garage when I took them. Highly recommend grabbing a set.
                BTW, my mounts look a little off center because some genius at Tige’ installed my TAPS ram and plate/hinge off center so one side of the tubing is longer than the other side. Guess the QC wasn’t always real great.

A898242C-E0A7-4F4C-AC9B-F359B74FCB3F.jpg

7123A687-CCDA-4F14-8DD8-D18ADF6D665C.jpg

4DA5AAB2-CED5-4570-A2C1-DD1B527F3415.jpg
                Last edited by Jetdriver; 04-27-2018, 05:28 AM.

Comment

I just installed FAE on my 2001 2100v with the same mounting option. I can't wait to try it out!

IMG_4624.jpg

Comment

Loved the FAE. Huge reduction in noise.

Comment

Working...
                    X