PCM ex343 cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCM ex343 cover

When I bought my boat it had the engine cover cracked. It got progressively worse last year, and I really need to replace it. Got quoted 340 for the plastic plus another 150 or so for the stickers. I am sure i can find a better deal but I wanted to see if anyone had a used one off a blown engine they are holding for parts first. It is a 2009.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/produc...engine-covers/
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks. Yes I talked to them, and they said this is only the grey part. Cheaper by about $90, but still way more than I want to spend.

Comment

This is probably a stupid question. But is it really needed? My indmar never had one.

Comment

Good god that’s ridiculous! It’s just a piece of plastic and some vinyl with sticky stuff on the back! Good luck man

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
            This is probably a stupid question. But is it really needed? My indmar never had one.
            I would assume no. But I also want to switch out my 15 inch trailer rims for 18s... It is my baby, so need is a funny word haha. Although for $500 it may be better to keep my hatch shut when in the presence of others...

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
              Good god that’s ridiculous! It’s just a piece of plastic and some vinyl with sticky stuff on the back! Good luck man
              I know the Break Out Another Thousand thing, and this is only half of that... but wow. Hard to believe 5% of the engine cost is in that piece of plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                One could argue that the cover keeps any water that drips in off of motor and away from intake. Center hatch can get pretty soaked on a full day of people in and out. Cant remember on this year 343 but I believe Fuel pump, ignition, and starter relays sit on top of the engine under cover along with fuses. All stuff that wants to stay dry.

Trevor,
                Just a thought, but why not try and just build an aluminum cover?? If its a factory look you want I get it. If not, the $500 you were stuck spending fpr a new plastic with stickers could probably get you a much cooler looking cover for less than $500 if you fabricated it. I imagine even having a fab shop do it for you would be less and youd still have money left to powder coat it.

Comment

Heck, a little duct tape on your cracked one and back in business! No way I'd spend the money on a new one...

Comment

Working...
                  X