2015 Tige ASR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
    Needs to be priced in the mid 70K range or it will sit and never sell. The ASR just has too bad of a reputation with the surf wake issues. For 96K you can get a brand new Z3 loaded with Taps3 easily. I don't know if you could even sell it for 75K without adding TAPS3 and getting the hull fixed. I looked at an ASR last year with the hull mod and taps3 added and they still were only asking mid 70's.
    Thank you all again for the help, I haven't been able to drop this boat in the water so I do not know my way around it very well and this has been very informative. I tried looking up what the hull mod is without success, maybe somebody here can fill me in...I'm not trying to sell you all the boat just figured this would be a good spot to have some questions answered and you all have come through huge so thank you again!

Comment

I dont think ive ever seen b-4 and after pics, but I do know it involves some filling in and some grinding down to change the aft portion of the hull. I know the factory has done it and may be able to offer more details.

IMO, id leave work like that and TAPS3 for a new owner. Price the boat to move as is and not have to take ownership of any mods done.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        I dont think ive ever seen b-4 and after pics, but I do know it involves some filling in and some grinding down to change the aft portion of the hull. I know the factory has done it and may be able to offer more details.

IMO, id leave work like that and TAPS3 for a new owner. Price the boat to move as is and not have to take ownership of any mods done.
        I haven't seen a modded one either, but I believe it basically takes the taper out at the rear corners(that nautique looking line at rear corners) and squares them up to be more like an RZX. Elevatedconcepts here on the forum would be the guy to ask. Pretty sure Germain has had Tige mod a couple. Taps 3 would be a sweet upgrade but you could most likely slap a ronix or mission shaper on it and get a totally surfable wave for a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
          Jason, what do you think is a realistic price? I see that Germaine has a couple ASR’s in the same price range. If it came with a taps style surf system installed and the “hull tweek” for 96k is that a good deal?

I’d also love to hear exactly what the hull tweek is. I’ve heard it mentioned a few times now but no explanation.
          Thes ones we have listed I think are old listings. The one we have left has around 30 hours, is listed I think at 82k or so and has had a wealth of things added.

I would say that boat with extensive bottom glass work done, and taps 3 added and integrated into the TT2 should sell mid 80s with ease.....

With the right mold/bottom fix they surf nearly identical to the rzx the problem is very few dealers have spent time cutting and re glassing an asr to get a perfect mold for it. We spent hours and hours figuring a fix for that boat, to the tune that Tige asked us what we were doing, its Germaines hard time and money figuring it though so we keep it to ourselves. But we can do any ASR, when done correctly, the pound just like the RZX, they just loose some of the wakeboard magic. Its definitely a give and take.
          Germaine Marine
          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Read this thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Surf-they-said

The white ASR for sale supposedly had the hull mod done and taps 3 was added. You see his asking price of 69K.

My local dealer performance marine has had a 2014 ASR for sale all summer for $73,500 and it's still sitting there.

Comment

The ASR with the hull mod I looked at last year was at Norris Marine. The story I was told is that they called Tige directly and the deal was Tige would do the hull mod and add Taps3 or Norris would not take the boat on trade because they knew it would be a really hard sell. Of course Tige had incentive as Norris was taking the boat on trade for a brand new Tige.

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
                Read this thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Surf-they-said

The white ASR for sale supposedly had the hull mod done and taps 3 was added. You see his asking price of 69K.

My local dealer performance marine has had a 2014 ASR for sale all summer for $73,500 and it's still sitting there.
                The White 2015 ASR had the hull modified and TAPS3 added at the factory by Tigé. It is now a RZX3 hull. It's a great price on an awesome boat.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
                  The White 2015 ASR had the hull modified and TAPS3 added at the factory by Tigé. It is now a RZX3 hull. It's a great price on an awesome boat.
                  Yeah unreal price, wish I could pull the trigger but going through a business buy out and don't have the cash right now.

Comment

I've run across three ASRs now that claim to have the hull mod done. This white one and two others. I'm just not seeing what the mod is. I thought that it was squaring off the bottom of the transom.

This RXZ has a pretty defined corner where the bottom of the transom meets the side of the boat.
                    TAPS 3 Tab 3.jpeg

These two pictures show the ASR has a much more rounded corner. This forces the TAPS3 Tabs to be mounted much further inboard, almost right on top of the TAPS tab. This can't be right.
                    Tige ASR Taps 3.jpg

Tige ASR TAps 3 2.jpg

I really have no idea, but in my mind I see the hull mod being more like this. This would square off the boat more like an RZX, and push the taps3 taps out a bit.

Tige ASR TAps 3 2 edit.jpg

Comment

Guys I’m sure are doing different things. I can’t comment on what others are doing. I don’t recognize that boat.
                      Germaine Marine
                      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Jason, is it safe to say then that this white boat does not have the same mods done that the Germaine boats have had done to them?

Comment

I will say this the asr I was looking at with Jason definitely had much more of a squared off corner, similar to the rzx.

Comment

These two boats were both modded from the factory, according to the owner. All I see is a round transom with a flat section at the bottom that the tabs are mounted to.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2014-Ti...ada-67882.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2014-Ti...ada-67720.aspx

At this point, I don't believe this boat had been modded (Jason said it is now though). You can see the same rounded corners and the flat section that the other two boats have their tabs mounted to, under the AVX:

http://germainemarine.com/boats-for-...izona-6062540/

Comment

The link at Germaine definitely has been modified. I have pictures and it’s way different then anything in this thread. I would post them but for Germaine’s sake I won’t.

Comment

So I take it your pictures are more recent and show taps 3 installed? And I assume we are talking about this same boat right? Not another one that Germaine has/had.

Do you mind sending me the pictures? You could even send them in a format that will self destruct after viewing!

Comment

Working...
                                X