Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Tige 24Ve W/ Go Surf Assist

Good Morning Tige Owners or Potential New Owners,

I am looking at doing an upgrade to something newer which means I am reluctantly going to have to part with the Blue Monster.

2006 Tige 24Ve
    5.7L 340HP Marine Power w/ 299.4 Hours (and counting as I am still using the boat till I upgrade or sell)
    Gen2 Go Surf Assist with Wireless/Rider Controlled Transfers
    Upgraded TAPS Plate
    Fresh Air Exhaust with Quick Disconnect and Flappers
    IDBoating "Bulletproofed" SpeedSet Controller
    Fully Plumbed Rear Ballast with Dual Enzo Bags
    Acme 1235 Prop
    Kicker KMT60 with Custom Paint to match the Boat
    (2) WS10FA Subs
    WS420SQ
    LifeForm6 LED Underwater Light
    Triple Batteries (Replaced this Season)
    Triple Bank On-Board Charger
    Windows Tinted 30%
    Brand New Tires and Brake Master Cylinder with Electric Reverse Lockout (Replaced Last Weekend)
    Custom Swivel In WakeSurf Board Racks
    Monster Cargo Bimini with Surf Board Racks (Ordered and Shipped no installed yet) Custom Ordered Blue Sunbrella Color
    Custom Fit Seadek Sheets on the Rear Activity Compartment Lids and Transom Walk-Thru (Brushed Grey/with Black Inlay)
    New Towing Cover (Sharkskin) New Tige Style Cover just doesn't have the Tige Logo on it.
    Always Stored In-Doors and Under Cover
    Has Factory Tower Lights
    Custom Sport Boat Trailer (super quiet trailer only has 2 years of use as previous owner had the boat on a lift)

All Maintenance Completed Twice a Year. All Seats Treated with Aerospace 303, and boat detailed with BB and Wax after each trip.

Boat is 100% Turn Key, push button Ready to Surf. I will supply all my records and weight/surf setting notes so there is no guess work. I never planned on parting with this boat so I have gone top-notch on everything.

Many of the owners here have been in my boat and can attest to the how clean this boat is.

PM for Price Please.

Pictures to Follow!
    Last edited by Thegerman618; 06-14-2017, 05:39 PM.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

IMG_0509.jpgIMG_0507.jpgIMG_0467.jpgIMG_0448.jpg

Photos shown are with GSA deployed
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Your boat is certainly dialed in! Someone is gonna get a sweet setup, GLWS German! What boat are you eyeballing?

Comment

I have always wanted to see the 24Ve with one of these. What is the roll angles (list) before you hit the switch and after? Are you hitting the switch level, or have some list first? I am assuming you are more level, because that boat listed needs mods to the swim deck to get out of the way.
        http://wake9.com/

Comment

Couldn't have done this a month ago? I would have snagged it up in a heartbeat!

Comment

I was wondering how much longer you were going to hold out before you got the bug....

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
              I have always wanted to see the 24Ve with one of these. What is the roll angles (list) before you hit the switch and after? Are you hitting the switch level, or have some list first? I am assuming you are more level, because that boat listed needs mods to the swim deck to get out of the way.
              I start the boat 100% true evenly weighted (about 2000lbs per side). Drop the plate in the water and it rolls the boat 3-4 degrees to the surf side. As you said the swimstep is an issue to a point. I have found that once I get the boat to speed and the plates where I think they should be I will start to bleed off surf side weight till the "line" is gone. We are talking maybe 45-60 seconds on drain before its gone.

I am still working on the boat as its not sold yet. I bought starboard and I am making 2"X2"X.5" Strips and will be lifting the swimstep up 2" to start I am willing to go as much as 4 to correct the "line" issue. I just cant bring myself to cut the swimstep, I love having a big step and I want to keep the boat as close to original as possible.

Comment

That line is more of a Tige thing, not necessarily your swim step. It MAY be your swim step, but it doesn't look like it.

You can see it here, but its mostly gone in this pic, on the regular side:

IMG_5517 by wake9, on Flickr

And on goofy
                IMG_6845 by wake9, on Flickr

So your "line" looks like the same thing, and you just list til it just disappears or barely visible, which is the best wake. So it sounds like you are saying you are doing this at 5-7 degrees of list or so, where for us it took 15+ degrees.
                http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                  Your boat is certainly dialed in! Someone is gonna get a sweet setup, GLWS German! What boat are you eyeballing?
                  Thanks JET,

I am going Tige again, but I need to make sure that whatever boat I get from Tige (new or used) can compete with what I currently have. Oh and there is the whole budget thing my girl keeps reminding me off. LOL

I have always always always wanted an RZ4 but (and no disrespect to current owners) they just don't surf well without crazy weight.

We will see what happens as I start shaking trees. I will for sure post something if I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                    That line is more of a Tige thing, not necessarily your swim step. It MAY be your swim step, but it doesn't look like it.

So your "line" looks like the same thing, and you just list til it just disappears or barely visible, which is the best wake. So it sounds like you are saying you are doing this at 5-7 degrees of list or so, where for us it took 15+ degrees.
                    Yes and No.

The boat holds the 3-4 Degree list even after some slight draining. I found out after more testing that the more weight I added the less effect the tabs had on listing the boat over but the bigger the wave got. Essentially the weight was over powering the lifting action of the tab and really starting dragging and moving more water. The more weight I added the more I could feel the plate working. What was really interesting and ill do my best to explain this:

GSA creator Ryan says that the tabs build the wave from the backside. When I started initially I couldn't see what he talking about till I went to 4000lbs+, then there definitely something interesting happening over in the wash that I have never seen on any other boat. The water coming off the non-surf side of hull is swirling back into the wave and you can see a distinct line where the water be forced back into and up into the wave. This is the best shot of it but its hard to see since its a picture and not a video.
                    Tige wave.jpg

The Black Line depicts a noticeable line in the wash that shows how thick that wave is.
                    The Red Line depicts what the water is doing when in motion and how it flows back into the back side of the wave. It creates a crazy push at 15'+ behind the boat.
                    Tige wave.jpg

This system truly is doing something different that any system I am familiar with.

Comment

The thickness is something I have also noticed on my MB. Lots of water backing the wave, and noticeably less so when using a "slapper" or a suck gate.

I don't know if it's good per se, but the push associated with it is good, I do know that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

PM sent

Comment

BUMP!!

As time is winding down on this and the chances of my new purchase are being finalized soon.

If your looking for a dialed in VE please PM me for details and price.

Shipping can be arranged if you are not local. I will be happy to provide pictures, videos, for those that are out of state looking to make a purchase. For those that are local I am willing to do lake test/sea trials and will be happy to give you a pull so you can ride the wave. Though please understand I would require some lead time as my schedule is quite busy day to day. Weekday tests are possible for local lakes to me. (Pyramid, Silverwood, Perris, Elsinore) again if I am given some heads up to adjust my schedule.
                          Last edited by Thegerman618; 06-16-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Did you end up selling? What did you get?

Comment

Working...
                            X