2014 R20. Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 R20. Value?

So time has come, we are looking at upgrading. The dealer we are dealing with offered to pay a very small amount in trade for our R20. What do you guys think it would be worth? Underwater and tower lights, upgraded ballast, Samson tower speakers, surf Bimini, snapout carpet and sea deck type material, overall a very clean boat with just shy of 300 hours.

Also, anyone interested? Shoot me an offer.
    IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_2084.jpg

Sell it private, don't just give the stealership your hard earned greenbacks man!

Comment

Its a numbers game, so look at the bottom line of the entire deal and see if it works for you. Sales can be shown two basic ways. High trade value and small/no discount on new unit or low trade value deeper discount on new unit. The later typically looks better on the dealers balance sheet as it usually results in showing a gross profit on boat the front end (your purchase of the new unit) and the back end, the sale of the trade to another buyer. High trade value may result in showing a gross loss on the back end deal.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My 2 cents.....If you can find a buyer with the right timing at the same time the boat you want is available at the right price great! Threading that needle is tough. If don't have a buyer lined up selling a boat is tough when you have a lot of tire kickers - not serious buyers. The more expensive of a toy the harder to sell. If you are patient enough try private but I would put a time limit on it. If the dealer has the boat you want now - run the numbers on a trade in.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

The used boat market up here in western Canada seems to be doing amazing for anything under 60k (CAD), just hoping we could get a little more. Being on the Island is also next to impossible to sell a boat locally, thousands of fishing boats and minuscule amounts of tige's. I'll probably get in touch with the dealer and see how the monthly payments are with the trade in, the boat we are looking at is a deal of a lifetime so it might still be worth it.

Comment

What are you looking at upgrading to?

Comment

Looking at a Malibu vtx. Still only 20 feet but has a much bigger interior and all the goodies. I would probably be considering a tige but the local dealer is no more and for the money you can get much more with other brands.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                Looking at a Malibu vtx. Still only 20 feet but has a much bigger interior and all the goodies. I would probably be considering a tige but the local dealer is no more and for the money you can get much more with other brands.
                Breakwater marine in Surrey..DONT deal with them!
                I would suggest trying to work with extreme boat sport in Chilliwack. Lots of tiges traded in there!

Comment

Also remember with a trade in you only pay the difference on new which also offsets the taxes. If you sell privately you may make more but you could potentially lose that and more by paying full pop for the new boat. I went through this with my truck.

I also agree with Greeko on both accounts.

Comment

Hey @Greeko. What was your experience with break water? I heard from John what they did with the boat show and a little bit about them.

We have actually decided to keep the tige and stay in the family, it just didn't seem like a big enough upgrade. Looking at adding taps 3 and trying to deal with seca.

Comment

Working...
                    X