FS Brand New Acme 1433 Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS Brand New Acme 1433 Prop

Bought an Acme 1433 last year from Wakemakers and ended up not having enough clearance on my trailer. Was going to shim the trailer bunks, but then wouldn't of had enough clearance to fit into my garage. The prop was dry fitted on my Z1, but never put in the water. See thread here: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...highlight=1433

Looking at getting $400 plus shipping, or trade for a new Acme 537 plus cash.

IMG_9783.jpg

IMG_9784.jpg

trade for a new Acme 537 plus cash.
    Id go with a 1631 over the 537. Same OD so same price as the 537, but less pitch so a little better performance, which I gather you were seeking with the 1433.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      less pitch so a little better performance, which I gather you were seeking with the 1433.
      That is correct. Then opened up a can of worms with trying to make it work. I will have to look into the 1631 further.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

What prop came on the boat new? I thought the stock prop was the 1939. Isnt the 1939 and the 1433 the same OD?

Also, is this still available?

Comment

Originally posted by dilligaf622 View Post
          What prop came on the boat new? I thought the stock prop was the 1939. Isnt the 1939 and the 1433 the same OD?

Also, is this still available?
          Yes, the 1939 and 1433 are both 14" dia. however, the the 1433 has 1.25" less pitch. That can be a significant upgrade in hole shot and speed holding on a ballasted boat.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So why didnt it clear on his trailer? Just curious because I am looking at ordering the 1433 for my boat.

Comment

Im willing to bet that his 2014 Z1 left the factory with a 13.5" 537, which is what boatmate seemed to have used in the trailer designing.

Comment

My 13 z1 had trailer clearance issues. My 17 z1 has no such issues. Boatmate did a redesign after 13 I think. The dealer had to fit my trailer with shims. I ran the 1235 after they shimmed.

Comment

If you recall (or search TO for it), the 2013 Z1 Boatmate Trailers were built in such a way that the 537 hit the prop guard when loading/launching. They had an update kit that shimmed the bunks by 1". When this was done, there was enough room to accommodate the 1433 prop. We experienced all of this when we had our '13 Z1. To the OP...I would strongly suggest shimming the bunks and upgrading the prop to the 1433 if you are running heavy ballast. It was a great improvement.

I am not sure why this hadn't changed for 2014, maybe your dealer had a 2013 trailer in stock and put a '14 boat on it. Contact Boatmate direct with your trail s/n and they may even send you the updated shims at no cost. I have had very good experience as far as service from Boatmate.
                  "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    Im willing to bet that his 2014 Z1 left the factory with a 13.5" 537, which is what boatmate seemed to have used in the trailer designing.
                    Boat came stock with the 537. My Z1 is a 2014, and the boatmate trailer is a 2013, designed for the older Z1 hull.

I haven't sold the prop yet if you are interested in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                      If you recall (or search TO for it), the 2013 Z1 Boatmate Trailers were built in such a way that the 537 hit the prop guard when loading/launching. They had an update kit that shimmed the bunks by 1". When this was done, there was enough room to accommodate the 1433 prop. We experienced all of this when we had our '13 Z1. To the OP...I would strongly suggest shimming the bunks and upgrading the prop to the 1433 if you are running heavy ballast. It was a great improvement.

I am not sure why this hadn't changed for 2014, maybe your dealer had a 2013 trailer in stock and put a '14 boat on it. Contact Boatmate direct with your trail s/n and they may even send you the updated shims at no cost. I have had very good experience as far as service from Boatmate.
                      I contacted boatmate and they sent shims, and also instructions on how to clock the trailing arms. I have 7' garage door header and with the shims, I do not clear with the tower folded.

Getting the boat off the trailer, I back in deep and give it a push by hand to clear the prop guard on the trailer, the reverse off. I winch the boat on the trailer by hand. It's a PITO, but it's what I have to do until I can build a barn for storage.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I'll trade for a 537. I have one on my boat and a spare. 2014 Z1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I installed a 1433 on my 22V. Best decision I ever made. Love the performance. Good luck finding a buyer

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyZ1 View Post
                              I'll trade for a 537. I have one on my boat and a spare. 2014 Z1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              After doing more research, wanting to go with a 1631 in lieu of the 537.

zostty has the first dibs on it at this point, will advise if something changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X