Where to tie anchor?? 2001 2100v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel stupid asking this question. My previous boat had a specific anchor locker that included the rope and a had SS cleats on the bow where I would tie off the anchor. My new to me 2100v came with an anchor on a nice reeling spool; but no location on the front to tie it off?

Maiden lake trip yesterday, and we anchored off the aft retractable cleat, but i really found it less than optimum. Where does everyone tie the anchor off?

You should be using the front clasp that you use to trailer you boat...Not the most convenient to get to but that is where everyone ties off... If you haven't already, I would recommend getting a box anchor as they hold the best...
    Last edited by h2osk8er00; 09-04-2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by h2osk8er00 View Post
      You should be using the front clasp that you use to trailer you boat...Not the most convenient to get to but that is where everyone ties off... Ig you haven't already, I would recommend getting a box anchor as they hold the best...
      Thanks for the help!!

Comment

http://slideanchor.com
        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ghlight=anchor
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Oh yeah! Good link TeamAllen!

Comment

Agreed TeamAllen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tower210 View Post
              My new to me 2100v came with an anchor on a nice reeling spool.
              Agreed on using the bow D-ring for anchoring.

Question -- What is the reeling spool you mentioned? I've been trying to figure out an easier way to spool my anchor line. Thanks.

Comment

Unless there is something better out there that I don't know about, I bet he's talking about one of these line winders... Its what I use.. I keep 130' of anchor line on it and a carabiner hooked in one of the little holes on the ends... Drop anchor, let it spool out, tie a quick loop in the rope, then take off the carabiner and hook the loop to the bow eye... I usually let out a few more feet and put the winder and whatever rope is left on it back inside my anchor storage hole in the bow. Also, with that line winder, make sure you've got a good grip on the handles and that they are pushed all the way on.. I had a loose handle and it slipped off in my hand earlier this year and my whole set up dropped... Like an anchor

https://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-AHLW-.../dp/B000OF72VG
                Last edited by Bryan; 09-06-2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I'll snap a picture tonight. The PO provided it; it actually looks more like an extension cord winder.

KK

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                    Unless there is something better out there that I don't know about, I bet he's talking about one of these line winders... Its what I use.. I keep 130' of anchor line on it and a carabiner hooked in one of the little holes on the ends... Drop anchor, let it spool out, tie a quick loop in the rope, then take off the carabiner and hook the loop to the bow eye... I usually let out a few more feet and put the winder and whatever rope is left on it back inside my anchor storage hole in the bow. Also, with that line winder, make sure you've got a good grip on the handles and that they are pushed all the way on.. I had a loose handle and it slipped off in my hand earlier this year and my whole set up dropped... Like an anchor

https://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-AHLW-.../dp/B000OF72VG
                    Originally posted by tower210 View Post
                    I'll snap a picture tonight. The PO provided it; it actually looks more like an extension cord winder.

KK
                    Thanks.

Comment

I cant reach my Z3 D-Ring without getting off the boat. Are my arms too short or am I missing some sort of trick.....lol.

Comment

I actually don't tie off to the D ring on our boat, I tie off to the rail that is in the bow. Now that being said we don't ever leave the boat and go to shore or ever out in super high winds or currents.

Comment

Hey, guys! If you want to look always stylish and fashionable, the main key is in a good tie, here is the source where you can find out top unusual ways to tie that can make you look attractive http://skywritingservice.com/blog/wo...bow-like-a-pro

Comment

Working...
                          X