Looking for ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for ballast

I'm not really sure whether I am posting in the correct forum, but here goes nothing. I just bought an 04 24V in April this year. I have been lurking all over these threads learning everything I can. Long story short, I have been looking for some ballast and figured there is a possibility of someone upgraded this spring or have a bag laying around that they never use. I don't mind buying used as long as it works and hold water. I am not trying to go huge or anything, just trying to get started in the right direction. Thanks for viewing.

How are you wanting to use the ballast, surf or boarding?

Next question, are you aware of the Lake Mead Tige Owners even next month?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply chp. I like doing both right now, but not great at either. Eventually I want to have the awesome setup of automation, but because of budget looking in the used section until I really figure out what I want in a way. To answer your second question, yes I saw some posts about the event. I usually drop in at the Callville Bay ramp on the other side of the narrows. I am trying to come over that way and see some of yalls boats. The meet up is at Temple Bar, right?

Comment

Yes, temple bar.

So you will likely want 3 sacs for boarding. For surfing, you would want a large sac for the surf side, or stack 2 smaller sac, which can get old.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm going to try to come out there that weekend. I really want to see some of the wakes people are tossing out there for sure. Plus that helps sell it to the other half!! Please don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't mind stacking sacs and stuff like that. Mostly looking for anybody that has upgraded their ballast lately or just have spare used sacs laying around that they want to sell. Is it easier or even worth going looking for used bags in your opinion? I really want to start off with surfing because I am alright with boarding. I read a lot of stuff like from duff because he has a 24v also, but he has huge amounts of weight in his. I don't need to sink to rails, just beginning. Thats why I figured I would ask on here if other people had grown out of their bags and wanted to get rid of them.

Comment

ive got a 1200 lbs custom surf sac thats new, unused. Was made for the new gen Z1 but its a Frankenstein due to the incorrect valve placement. Cant be used as a plug-n-play but otherwise perfect sac. Haveent listed it up yet. $260 plus freight.

Comment

That is huge!!! What do you mean by plug n play? Would I be able to just buy a regular throw over pump to fill? I have to think it over...as in get approval, but will for sure let you know. More than likely PM you about it. Thanks for telling me about it.

Comment

The newer boats have small surf sacs and we designed a larger sac that plugs right up. This one got built with a few of the ports in the wrong spot. Perfect sac just wont work in the intended boat it was designed for. Yes, it has the standard threaded ports that will accept the Fly high W730 which mates with the fittings that come with the W709 pump kit. Later on, the sac could be plumbed in for an automated system.

Comment

I sent a PM Dmaxx, I have some ballast that I was using before I upgraded. I literally ship these bags to people all the time to test, try, and use. They hold water and are in good condition, if you want I will be in your area this weekend. I can loan them out to you to try, I will give you a complete surf setup weight that will produce a surfable wave with your 24v I know it will work as I was running this setup all last year before upgrading. I left you my number on the PM feel free to get ahold of me. If you are happy with setup I will be happy to sell you what spares I have, or Chpthril is our ballast master expert guru here and he get you setup with an epic plumbed in system (I purchased my current system from him)
                  My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

@chpthril, is that the same sac I pm you about if so I'm still interested

@thegerman618, how was havasu reunion?

Comment

Originally posted by toohers5 View Post
                      @chpthril, is that the same sac I pm you about if so I'm still interested

@thegerman618, how was havasu reunion?
                      It was just O.K. we saw some things that made me a Dave cringe at the sight but it was good. I think there were maybe 15 boats total, my 06 was the oldest boat there by at least 8 years. LOTs of Z1/Z3/RZR/R Models and 1 16' RZX (Dealer/Demo Boat) Raffle was pretty good and the board demos were awesome.
                      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
                      X