Window tinting story....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window tinting story....

WRONG SECTION PLEASE MOVE** (I was looking at this section and accidentally posted here instead of general)

So found a local guy in my area (Southern California) daring enough to take on the challenge of tinting my 2013 Z1 windows. He came out with another guy confident as ever to tint the windows IN ONE PIECE. Prior to him starting we had discussed over the phone (he saw pics of the windows that I sent him before he came) that a fair price was 350$. He starts the job and then about 30 min in I get a knock on my door. I open it up and the guy just looks at me completely distraught. He proceeds to tell me that the curve in the window is much more difficult than he imagined, he said a job like this would take him 5-6 hours (twice as long as he expected) and he would need to bring another guy to help him out. He tells me he refuses to do the job for less than 500$ one piece or he will do the job for 400$ with two pieces so you will see the slit. Told him he is out of his mind and sent him on his way.... $00-500$ for WINDOW TINT! I tinted all seven windows of my suburban for 150$ just a couple years ago. I know this has been talked about before, just though id share... wish the guy would have done it for the original price form pics of seen it looks too freakin good! But id rather take the 500$ towards something else like some audio product or even an FAE before window tint.
    Last edited by 1sicktige; 08-18-2014, 07:16 PM.

I looked into getting the window on my 15 Z3 tinted and it was $375 for it and a place that has done several z3 windows. Yes it is an extremely hard window to do he stated. As long as the work looked good at is was warrantied a bit I wouldn't mind paying a little extra.

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
      I looked into getting the window on my 15 Z3 tinted and it was $375 for it and a place that has done several z3 windows. Yes it is an extremely hard window to do he stated. As long as the work looked good at is was warrantied a bit I wouldn't mind paying a little extra.
      I would of payed the guy a bit more too but 500$ was a pretty extreme for some window tint. Wish local shops around me would do it for a lower price almost everyone I talked to says either no because its too hard or yes but 500+$

Comment

I hear you on price. I guess we are in the wrong business! but wouldn't want to painstakenly do a window on a boat for any amount of $$

Comment

The going rate in the Denver area is $400-$450, many places have tried to get it right but only a couple have succeded....

Comment

My '13. Z1 have been done for 350$
            Excellent job
            Took 6 hours

Comment

Working...
            X