HT-6 Wet Sounds Amp burned up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HT-6 Wet Sounds Amp burned up

So yesterday on lake I lost all my floor speakers. This morning I powered up TT and noticed all the smoke was being let out of the box here.20140720_112958.jpg

Then this fuse blew. Other two fuses look good and the 2 Amps work fine.
    20140720_113014.jpg

All the connections looked good and the 2 30 amp fuses on amp are still good

At this point I know the amp is bad but is there anything from the boat side that could have caused problem that I need to check? Every now and then amp would seem to cut out for no known reason but start working again on its own. I opened up the ends of amp and didn't see anything burned but it smelled bad.

So what is a replacement for the HT-6 or do I just replace with same unit. How good is the HT-6? Mine looks to be an older amp as I have no adjustments unless I open up the end. New ones looks to have adjustments available. New on looks to be about $550. Anybody have anything for sale? And any help is appreciated.

Here is the cause of burning smell from amp.
    20140720_123112.jpg20140720_123210.jpg

Comment

Did you buy the boat with this system installed? The Wet Sounds HT-6 is not an old amp model by any means, as the HT series was only released last year IIRC. The setting dials are enclosed, because its a marine amp. I would replace it with another. I would not expect any external causes. A shorted speaker lead would put it into protect mode, so i would say is was just a random failure.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Guess I'll be looking for another marine HT-6 amp then. Thanks chpthril

Comment

Rod,
          That amp was brand new last year.

Comment

WetSounds has an awesome core swap repair (you send them your amp and pay about $125-150 for a refurb of same model). I just had my Syn2 (that came with boat in 2009) repaired like this. Very happy to not shell out for a new amp.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I will be contacting WetSounds.

On another note, is it possible to move this thread, I just noticed I created it under 'Classifieds'. Must have been looking for a used Amp.

Comment

Working...
              X