Factory Depth Finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Depth Finder

I'm looking to install a simple depth finder and was wondering if anyone had a close-up picture of the factory installed unit. I have Perfect Pass with the water temp but miss the depth information. When they say thru hull are they refering to sensing through the hull or having to drill through the hole to place the sensor? Any recommendations?

i can't say for sure on the boats, but on my 01' there is a large circular object that looks like it is apoxied to the bottom (inside) of the hull. no hole through the boat.

Comment

No, you don't drill a hole through the hull. The through hull sensor is epoxied to the hull. (depth finders can also be transom mounted rather than through hull) The picture below shows where the display is located. It's right next to the cigarette lighter adapter.
      Attached Files

Comment

If you have the millenium dash option the depth gauge is integrated into the Faria Instrument pack.
        -Tip

Comment

Here's a shot of the Faira transducer on the transom
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey thanks for the info and pics. I just need to decide which model to buy.

Comment

Depth Sounder solution

I just happen to come by your inquiry.

If you still have a need, here some info:

I installed a factory Faria Depth Sounder with a transom bonded trasducer. No need to drill! Faria depth sounder can be found at http://www.boatersland.com/far-12950.html for $105. Follow direction with a mineral oil fill and it works at all speeds. This install saved me from number of potential prop damage!!

Good luck.

Zleeper

Comment

Working...
              X