Looking for 2009 or newer Tige 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for 2009 or newer Tige 22ve

I'm looking at purchasing my first wake boat. I am looking for a late 2009 or newer Tige 22VE. I like the Alpha Tower and Tige Touch. I think they put the Touch in some late model 09s, saw one in a 24 VE. I'm willing to travel to purchase.

Tige touch was introduced in 2010, there may be a few boats that have it from 2009 but there wouldn't be many, if at all. It also added about a 10k bump in the price between the 2009 to 2010 model year boats. I think 2009 was the best year yet for Tige, good upholstery, Alpha Z tower, and manual switches (no expensive Tige Touch to replace when it breaks).
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Is there a difference in accuracy how the cruise settings operate between the older ones and the tige touch? I just figured it may be harder to get parts for the pre Tige Touch years

Comment

I believe the cruise control module is similar, it's from medallion. There are some bugs with the pre-tige touch control but from other threads it sounds like there are bugs sometimes in tige touch as well. It's a computer so there will be some bugs and the fix is always shut off and reboot. As far as accuracy it should be the same, it's getting fed info from the same paddle wheel for speed.

The tige touch looks cleaner and more modern on the dash board but the functionality and reliability are for you to decide. I know it costs a few bucks to replace a switch or circuit breaker but I've heard to replace the tige touch screen is between 8-10k.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
        X