No announcement yet.

Krypt Audio 6.5" HLCD and DIY Illusion/Alpha-Z Direct Mount Poloshed Alum Pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krypt Audio 6.5" HLCD and DIY Illusion/Alpha-Z Direct Mount Poloshed Alum Pods

Ok, hears the deal.....

The pods, Ive have sitting around since we did ET's first Bu, and just havent done anything with them. brand new, never used.

The Krypt 6.5" HLCD: We did a complete stereo install on a tow boat this summer. The customers primary focus was the interior and the tower was 2nd. He went with the Krypts and polished alum pods simply for looks and price point. While installing the drivers into the pods, which came from 2 different sources, the bit slipped off the screw head and punched a little hole in the speaker cone. I purchased and new pair of drivers and swapped out the damaged one when the replacement came in. The hole is small and has been repaired. It will not effect the output and should hold for a number of seasons. My "Oh chit" is your gain The pods' ID will need to be oped up just a little, or a spacer ring, like an LED ring, will need to be used, in order to get the driver to fully seat. The pods are aluminum and easy to cut with a skill saw and metal cutting blade.

The DIY pods list for $161 shipped and the Krypt 6.5 HLCDs go for $375 a pair of just the raw drivers and x-overs, no pods. Hows $250 + freight, for the pair of 6.5" HLCD speakers and pair of direct-mount polished alum pods.

All shipped as-is.

http://www.bulletlines.com/HLCD-Wake...aker-p/465.htm

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=572

PM me if you have any questions, thanks!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Ahhh... the slipping screw driver. I've watched people do that and learned from their mistake. I'm always paranoid about it. I do concur though that the repair will be sufficient.

Comment

Working...
    X