anchor recommendations-retractable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anchor recommendations-retractable

hello, we boat on a river with steady current. After a couple years of pulling into t beach, the keel and hull gelcoat has been slowly worn down by the sand from the beach. Therefore i am looking into a anchor system that allows us to anchor away from the beach, pull in then have t boat retract back away from the beach. I see many options online but wonder with t current of t river if this would work for my situation??
    Any ideas or recommendations??

We use the Box Anchor and the Shore Spike along with the Danik Hook. The Box Anchor holds like no other,even in 15 mph winds. The Shore Spike is easy to set and easy to remove. Both come with storage bags made of canvas. The Danik Hook makes adjusting line length a cinch.You can go to www.slideanchor.com and they have video demos of each product.
    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

I have the exact same one as Robert has and there sweet don't waste ur money on anything else just my thought
      surf till u die.

Comment

Ditto - we use the same set up nothing is better.

Comment

The box anchor is worth every penny.

Comment

BOX ANCHOR is AWESOME. I use the same set-up as Robert and VERY HAPPY. Never have to fight the boat's lower fins back out of the sand anymore.
            Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go thru life.
            Dean Warmer '68

Comment

I was lucky to win the box anchor at the Tige owners reunion in September and the design looks cool. I haven't had a chance to use it but from the info I've read you can't go wrong with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

Comment

I love my Box Anchor for its powerful hold. But I almost never use it -- the medium is really big and unwieldy. I find myself tossing over a little 15 lb mushroom in our shallow (15') muddy bottom anchor spot on our lake. But if I was tying to others or staying all day (or in current), I would take along the Box Anchor.

Note that in shifting winds, the Box Anchor will "walk". It always resets itself, but if the wind is shifting around, expect to move 10-20' over several hours.

Comment

I use a box anchor and an anchor buddy (bungee anchor line) which does EXACTLY what you are asking for.... boat comes to rest off shore when the anchor buddy line is contracted, but you can pull the boat in to shore with a line on the transom and the anchor buddy will extend.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
                    I use a box anchor and an anchor buddy (bungee anchor line) which does EXACTLY what you are asking for.... boat comes to rest off shore when the anchor buddy line is contracted, but you can pull the boat in to shore with a line on the transom and the anchor buddy will extend.
                    I used the anchor buddy for the first couple of seasons with my 24V. With little wind and no current, I thought it worked really well. However, I go to a lake that can get windy, and I went to the river a couple of times as well. I found that in wind and/or current, the anchor buddy had a tendency to stretch too easliy and let to boat wander too far.

I too use the box anchor and shore spike, and I use Danik hooks at both the bow of the boat and at the shore spike. This allows me to adjust the position of the boat easily in case the water level changes or the anchor wanders a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                      I used the anchor buddy for the first couple of seasons with my 24V. With little wind and no current, I thought it worked really well. However, I go to a lake that can get windy, and I went to the river a couple of times as well. I found that in wind and/or current, the anchor buddy had a tendency to stretch too easliy and let to boat wander too far.
                      I experienced the same thing. I bought anchor buddy's for both ends - one with the shore spike, the other with the box anchor. Using this approach allowed WAY too much movement - which makes sense in hindsight. I kind of feel stupid now just thinking about it (no additional comments needed ). However, once I placed a regular line on the box anchor, and kept the anchor buddy line on the shore spike, it worked perfectly. I have used this approach at the river (sand bar included) and it serves me well. Having said that - I bet Coops approach is a good one - I just haven't purchased the Danik hooks... YET. Either way skindog44 - most will tell you that you cant go wrong with a box anchor!

Comment

x2 on the danik hooks

Comment

Working...
                        X