1996 Pre 2200 wt- 220hrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Pre 2200 wt- 220hrs

I'm looking into buying this boat and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what they think of these and possibly what would be a good price to aim for and/or too much to pay. It has a tandem axle trailer and a tower. The interior is pretty clean. photo (2).jpg

Good shape and depending on the area you are at anywhere from $12-16K in my opinion. Which motor is in it? Carb, EFI, MPI?

Comment

what are they asking as well... but i agree with Ruger 12-16 range is about right.. I sold a 97 pre last year... 13k in my market. bought it for 10k but had to put money into the vinyl and that boosted the value a bit... but motor and condition are the factors here. Gel shape? interiror, motor, check it out in detail from inside and out. water test for at least 30 min. steering free and fluid? gauges work? taps plate move up and down if it has one?
      2011 Tigé RZ4
      www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

He has been asking 16,500 for the last two seasons. I believe it has TAPs, but I'm not sure. I noticed a gauge on the dash that ranged from wakeboarding to slalom I believe. I'm just starting to do research on this boat. I'll take a closer look at the engine and exterior this afternoon.

Comment

It will have Taps that year, thats the correct guage. Make sure it works by the switch on the throttle handle. Check the VDO gauges the bezels tend to crack and pop off if he hasnt already changed them out. Take some more pics so we can help you on the price a little more or if you see something you want to ask about.

Comment

photo 4 (3).jpgphoto 3 (2).jpg

Comment

The gel coat looks great besides the bit of cracking around those rings on the back. The bottom has no repairs or signs of abuse. The prop has that ding and some scratches, is that enough to want to replace it? The uphoulstery looks very good without any cracking or tears only a couple small separations at the seams in the front. Did these come with a stereo originally? I didn't see a deck but they probably removed it for storage. None of the gauges were cracking/popping out. Everything felt solid including the tower and the floor. Pending a passing test drive, what do you think?
              Last edited by lewisdeak; 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Poor boat, I would walk away slowly, and not look back. There is another boat out that will be better cared for.

Is that prop actually sitting on the trailer???

Comment

I agree with Joe unless you got it for a steal of a price. And when I say that way less than 10K

Comment

What area are you in and how far are you willing to drive? We will keep an eye out for you a nicer boat.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll be walking away and focusing on what is more important right now. I'll keep ya posted

Comment

PS I'm in the sacramento delta area

Comment

Working...
                        X