Enclosed Bimini Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enclosed Bimini Top

Has anyone fully enclosed their Bimini Tops from the front down to windshield, as well as with side curtains? I'd love to see a picture of one to give my top builder. In Oregon, this will keep the observers dry (maybe not warm). hard to imagine how it will connect with the tower. Thanks!!!

What you just described is called a camper top or camper canvas. Most large cabin boats have a camper top. Just search it and you will find 100's. If you guy builds marine tops he knows very well what a camper top or full enclosure is.

Look for off shore fishing center consoles and walk arounds to see how the top can work around the towers. The mini towers and radar arches they have are very similar to our wake towers.

Comment

I've seen a picture posted by 'Nobody', just not sure where it is right now.
      Last edited by Joeprunc; 02-08-2013, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Nope, sorry, it was for something else. Here is what I saw.
        http://www.tigeowners.com//forum/sho...51&postcount=3

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
          Nope, sorry, it was for something else. Here is what I saw.
          http://www.tigeowners.com//forum/sho...51&postcount=3
          Yep, that's me. I thought about the idea in the beginning days only for the sole purpose to give us some protection from rain storms.

As for cold days, we simply don't go out. But if your looking for that bit of protection from fast approaching storms, it's not a bad idea. I carry 6 rain coats with pants on our boat for occupants to wear. They have saved our butts many times over. It's a necessity IMO. The rain coats have full hoods too.

As for translucent windscreens, it gets expensive but it does extend the use of your boat.

Comment

Guess I am missing something - why are you guys trying to protect the passengers from getting wet? It is a boat, and they are in it to board/surf/ski/tube right? I can't think of many times wear my passengers get wet just from riding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
              Guess I am missing something - why are you guys trying to protect the passengers from getting wet? It is a boat, and they are in it to board/surf/ski/tube right? I can't think of many times wear my passengers get wet just from riding.
              where

Comment

Thunder storms, driving rain and cold wind. Not fun!

Comment

Working...
                X