How would u do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would u do it?

I have 3 pair XS-650, DVC FA-10 and one set of Rev 8's. I am running 3 clarion APX480M marine amps right now. But one of them took a **** so its time to upgrade.
    I want wetsounds amps. So what amps and and config. would you go with. Oh sinisters are not in the budget. Syn or Ht series.
    I wanted to go syn and it looks likes one syn 4 would be great for the sub and rev. but then what to do with 3 pair of xs-650s.
    With the HT it looks like 2 HT6s would also be a great fit for the whole system.
    let me know what you think..thanx

IF your 10FA is a 2 ohm DVC, and I would guess it is since it was bridged on 2 chnl of the APX480 amp, then yes, a pair of HT-6 amps would be a good route.

That would be 300 to the sub, 300 to each rev-8 and 110 to each in-boat. An HT-6 and HT-4 combo would give you the same 300 for the tower and sub, and 75W to two pair of the in-boats and 110 to the 3rd, but is only $100 less retail. So yes, 2 HT-6 is a good choice.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Class D VS class G/H... whats the real world difference?
      Thats what I was thing CHP...just like to confrim what I am thinking.

Comment

The Class-D amps are slightly smaller and a little more efficient. The new HT-6 has almost the exact same footprint as the Syn-4. The HT series come with end caps to cover the cabling and 4 stand-offs to not only lift it off the mounting surface for added cooling, but also to allow the cabling to exit behind the amp rack for a very clean look.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X