X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha z tower... FOR SALE

just saw this... thought someone may be interested

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield....php?view=2201

What are the base dimensions on the Alpha Z ?????
    Waiting for another good one!

Comment

This was on e-bay last week and i thought about buying it until i found out it was off a Z1 and i needed something off a 22ve or RZ2. Funny thing is, the auction ended yesterday where it supposedly sold for the opening bid of $1200. Now it shows up on Wakeworld from the exact same seller at a higher price. Me thinks somebody placed a shill bid on his own item probably in the $2000 range. Now i'm glad i didn't bid. Dishonest people suck.

Comment

do you have a link to that expired auction?

Comment

this should be the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/190582950055?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1182[/url]

Well it didn't show up as a link. you will have to paste it in your browser.
          Last edited by jrj701; 10-11-2011, 09:26 PM. Reason: adding information

Comment

Didn't show up as an actual link. I guess i don't know what i'm doing. Should have asked my 14yo.

Comment

That's interesting. You're correct, there is not a reserve on that auction. Interesting...

Comment

He originally had an opening bid of $1900 and dropped it a couple days before the auction ended. Guess he figured a few people would be bidding and would drive the price up to what he really wanted.

Comment

As a side note there is a '08 Z1 with a tower that has a label of 22ve. Don't know if they use the same tower or not but interesting that it was labeled that way.

Comment

That is interesting. Maybe they use the same tower since there is only a 2" difference in beam. I know most towers were marked with a stick on label on top designating what they fit. Anyone else out there with a z1 seen their tower marked as a 22Ve? I was interested in trying to swap towers, and willing to do some mods to make it work. From what i have gathered searching the site was that reinforcement underneath the gunnel would need to be done, but perhaps the one thing that makes it cost prohibitive would be the need for a windshield off a 09 or 10 to allow the tower to be mounted further forward since before 09 the windshield was much longer in length down the side and would interfere with the tower base. I did not price a new windshield, but others have posted some pretty high numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jrj701 View Post
                      That is interesting. Maybe they use the same tower since there is only a 2" difference in beam. I know most towers were marked with a stick on label on top designating what they fit. Anyone else out there with a z1 seen their tower marked as a 22Ve? I was interested in trying to swap towers, and willing to do some mods to make it work. From what i have gathered searching the site was that reinforcement underneath the gunnel would need to be done, but perhaps the one thing that makes it cost prohibitive would be the need for a windshield off a 09 or 10 to allow the tower to be mounted further forward since before 09 the windshield was much longer in length down the side and would interfere with the tower base. I did not price a new windshield, but others have posted some pretty high numbers.
                      The sticker on my 08 Z1 E series tower says 22ve, and I bought a stock Z1 cover from Tige that will not fit it without modifications, the front supports fit the cutouts but the rear supports are about 6-8" behind the cutouts. so I think mine was the exception to the rule....
                      "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Working...
                      X