2004 Tige Switch i Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 Tige Switch i Prop

Can someone suggest a good replacement prop? I hit a rock this past weekend with mine and damaged the prop.

Also, does anyone know if you need the prop puller kit that both Overton's and Bart's show on their on-line catalog to change the prop?

Your boat is probably outfitted with an ACME propeller. You might be able to get it fixed by a local reputable propeller shop.

If you want to buy a new propeller try acme at http://www.acmemarine.com

And yes - you will need a prop pull tool to get it out.

Comment

I think it was Ray Thompson who said, his propeller shop would loan out a prop puller. You might want to check it out?

I think you should have a prop puller as well as a spare prop anyway. Maybe get a new ACME prop as smendez suggested, and keep the old repaired prop as your spare.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

thanks for the information.

Comment

My friend has an 04 Switch I. It has an Acme 515

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen
            I think it was Ray Thompson who said, his propeller shop would loan out a prop puller. You might want to check it out?
            Yeh, it was me. At some point they may just trust me and lend the puller without the deposit.

I don't know about carrying a puller and a spare prop. They are not difficult to pull in the driveway but you run the risk of loosing the key if you change in the water.

I would only carry a spare to get back on the water quickly, not for something that I thought would get me home if I bunged my prop.
            Ray Thompson
            2005 22V

Comment

I'm glad I quoted the right person. I don't carry it in the boat. I keep it in the car or at the hotel or anywhere near so we don't lose valuable time on the water. I've never had to do it yet, but it would save a day if you had to take it to someone and hope they had the right prop.
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen
                I keep it in the car or at the hotel or anywhere near so we don't lose valuable time on the water.
                That is a good idea. I have found that the props on these boats will bend very easily, even when hitting a fish, so that having a spare is not a bad idea for many people.

As for me, I just leave the water and get it fixed. I don't travel but about 10 miles to the water so a day ruined is not so bad.
                Ray Thompson
                2005 22V

Comment

Sometimes you will need a prop puller, torch and a 3lb hammer to get a prop off. Used all that stuff today on one.

Comment

Working...
                  X