1999 21V parts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 21V parts???

Bought a 1999 21V on eBay. Needs some TLC. Where do I start for parts???

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your boat.

You will need to contact your dealer. If you do not have a local dealer you can try to contact Lee or Harvey at Tige and they can guide you.
    One other thing that I have done is find out who makes a specific part that I am looking for and try to go through them or they will guide you to their distributer.

Comment

Welcome! Post up some pics of your new ride when you get a chance. We love pics!

What kind of parts are you looking for?
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Let us know what you need specifically. A lot of parts anre no longer available, but many of us have work arounds. Post up pics and we will see if we can help.

Comment

I need a working throttle arm/mechanism, a dash for around the instrument cluster (guy I bought boat from tried his hand at home crafting one...not good), info on what ballast I should get and where I should put it (surfing only), and info on best type of speed control to put on this boat.

Thanks.

Comment

Rat Belly, Can I call you Rat Belly?

The guy to talk to about ballast bags and pumps is chpthrl. He will set you up. Send him a PM if he does not respond to this thread.

First off take pictures of the boat and post those. As well as some pictures of the parts that you need with your fancy iphone and post them here. That will help laserfish and other owners know exactly what you are looking for. I am slow and need visuals.

Fellow Tige Owners - This is a buddy of mine and he is looking for a great surf wave behind his 99 21V. What type of ballast system should he be planning for. Do we need to get sacs in the bow? Or will a sac in the rear locker and playing with speed and TAPS be good enough? What size sac will fit in the lockers? Should he go custom, or is there a standard bag that will fit and provide lots' o'weight?

I am not familiar with perfect pass systems - Is there a specific one that he should be looking for?

Fruit Bowl - Next week I will stop by and help.
            "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

The GPS Stargazer is the best Perfect Pass right now. If you were going to buy one for the boat, I wouldn't waste time with paddle wheels. Stargazer is GPS and makes installation that much easier.

If you are just surfing, buy the 1100# Fat sac for the rear locker and get a 400# sac for the hallway in the bow. I have the pair of 400# sacs and I'll sometimes put the second one on the seat if I don't have many peeps with me, but that's rare.

You'll end up listing your boat like this:

and end up with a wave like this:
              Waiting for another good one!

Comment

The 1100# won't fill completely in the rear locker, but pretty darn close.

Comment

Originally posted by thecashnation View Post
                  Bought a 1999 21V on eBay. Needs some TLC. Where do I start for parts???
                  Careful buying dealer parts for a 99. Most parts can be had from other sources for way, way less money.
                  Make a list of what you need. FiveFlat has the same boat and can tell you where to get what you need.
                  So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Oh.. and the Rat Belly thin gis hilarious. Nice friend you got there in Booms.. bahaha

Comment

Well, fortunately I bought my '99 in pretty darn good condition and I haven't have to buy any original parts for it.... yet.

I can help the best I can though, but I'm really not the first person to go to. This forum in general is.

Comment

I got a stock prop for you, if you need one. (Came off of Five's boat... lol)

Comment

I will be working on my dash this year as well. I have two gauges that have decided they no longer want to stay put and keep dropping out the back. Thought I would try something with 1/8 inch aluminum and one in black lexan. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                          X