98 tige windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 tige windshield

I have a 98 tige pre 2002 wt. My drivers side front piece of glass was shattered and had to be removed. I contactec tige only to find out they dont make the glass for my boat anymore. They told me to contact pacific marine windshield and glass who told me all they could do is take a template of the space my windshield is seated on and retro fit one of the newer style windshields that is still in production but I would then have to buy the whole windshield and frame and THEN once its delivered to me, find someone to install it. They said to get a newer style windshield to my door would be 1200-1400 dollars! And thats before getting somone to install it......

Can anyone help me find just the section of glass I need? id be willing to pay a decent amount.

Any suggestions? I know that my style of winshield was on quite a few years and models so therd has to be one tucked away on a shelf somewhere.

If I cant find an exact fit replacement window would I be able to get a plexy glass window made? I just really dont want to spend 2k to replace a windshield...

Comment

You wont be happy with plexi.
      I believe Water Bonnet made the windshield. I didnt see you mentione them anywhere inyour post. Have you spoken with them?
      So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Let me check with my source in Texas.. he may know someone with a replacement. He has your same boat.

Comment

PM Me if i dont get back to you with an answer.

Comment

When I contacted tige they mentioned nothing about water bonnet....i would greatly appreciate ur help in tracking one down. If u dont get back to me on here in a few days ill PM you. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I think Water Bonnet and Taylor were the two largest makers back then. Direct contact might turn something up.

Comment

Maybe this site will help out?

http://www.iboats.com/boat-windshiel...eld-step3.html
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

ya my ogher buddy who owns an 03 tige was telling me about taylor and that I should give them a try..and thanks for the link allen, ill give it a look through and see what I can come up with.

Comment

It definitely looks like it was a Water Bonnet who made the windshield.
                    1998 Pre2002wt options
                    Last edited by dstixs5; 07-23-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

im starting to get a little upset! Taylor made also told me that water bonnet was the company that made my windshield. They also told me where to look for a serial number to give to them when i contact them....well...no serial number to be found and to top it off the havnt returned my email...and now i cant get their website to pop up! almost like they fell off the face of the earth since monday...i just wish there was an easier way!! lol

Comment

Ask around in here with people who have the SLM to see if they can find a serial number. If you get that number, I think youre golden. You are making progress.

Comment

Does anyone know of a junk yard for boats? Im running out of options lol

Comment

still no luck in the way of a new replacement windshield...is anyone tired of theirs and feel like giving it to me? haha the only concrete routes i have found put me over a grand to replace....if this is the case i might not have a windshield for next season as i am already tallied at over 5k in upgrades i plan to do that i feel are more important like a tower, upholstrey repair, finishing the stereo....i guess the window is the last on my list of TO DO's but it really does stand out not having a portion of your window...

Comment

I had a rock shatter the drivers windshield on my 2005 21i and it was 1800 to get it repaired through Taylor. So sorry about yours, but I think it will be costly either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X