Steering Cable for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Cable for Sale

I bought a new steering cable (Teleflex SSC15417) for my boat and found out for a Z1 I need an SSC15419 (the 17 is too short). If anyone here is looking to replace a steering cable this winter, I'd sell the one that I can't use for $115.

It is brand new except for wrench marks from when I began to install it. The SSC154 series is a direct replacement for SSC134 series cables (and is an upgrade in cable quality over the 134 series).

I might be interested in the cable...where are you located?

Comment

Sorry for just seeing your reply! I am in Topeka, KS.

Comment

np...I ended up buying one direct from Teleflex for pretty cheap. Cost me $118 + freight and tax...not bad. also, I needed the 18' model anyways. thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

Wow! Did you get the SSC154 or 134 series? If it was the 154, then that's a great deal.

Comment

yep - I went with the nicer 154 series...it was definitely a good deal. i'm hoping this one will last longer than the previous (which barely made it 3 years with the last owner). I've been making sure I turn the wheel all the way to the left when the boat is not in use, and I've tried to keep the bilge nice and dry (although the rain is working against me).

Comment

Yeah, the one I replaced was only 2 years old. I'm hoping the change to the 154 improves as well. It definitely feels smoother than the old.

Since apparently you can find these for $115, I'm going to lower my price in case anyone else is interested to $100 even and I'll cover the shipping it as long as it's in the 48 states.

Comment

Working...
              X