• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Tige Taps 3 Trim Plates

Anyone got any for sale?

PM sent. I just posted some.

Comment

I have a set, too, if anyone is looking for some. Putting my GSAs on, as I write this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
        I have a set, too, if anyone is looking for some. Putting my GSAs on, as I write this.

Nice! You're just one series behind now. I'm getting ready to build the newest style to see how they work.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post

Nice! You're just one series behind now. I'm getting ready to build the newest style to see how they work.
          You’re always a step ahead!! I’ll be following closely!! I heard about the new plates, haven’t seen a single thing about them, and I’m real curious to see how people like them compared to the GSAs.

Comment

You’re always a step ahead!! I’ll be following closely!! I heard about the new plates, haven’t seen a single thing about them, and I’m real curious to see how people like them compared to the GSAs.

Basically they are just the top plate from GSA with a few beauty marks added. Ten times easier to build then the GSA plates so upgrading prices should be much better than GSA. I'm told they work great and at least as good as GSA.

Comment

Basically they are just the top plate from GSA with a few beauty marks added. Ten times easier to build then the GSA plates so upgrading prices should be much better than GSA. I'm told they work great and at least as good as GSA.
              Is your boat Taps or GSA, now? I want to see what an honest person that goes from GSA to the new plates has to say. I guess you’ve had enough experience with all of the above to know what works best. Assuming you’re going powder coat this time?? When are you starting??

Comment

I saw some videos of the plates and there’s a decent sized fin on them too.... I’ll look to see if I can find the videos again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://youtu.be/yc4eI4P6d_U

Found it...skip to 1min in

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

I saw some videos of the plates and there’s a decent sized fin on them too.... I’ll look to see if I can find the videos again....

Those should be cake for Josh to build, compared to the GSA style. I’m real curious to see the wave from that plate compared to the GSA plate. Thanks for the video! Gonna be bummed if that wave is significantly better than the GSA, right after I install the GSA plates, after rushing to get them on to ride this weekend, after procrastinating all winter!!

Comment

The hardest part is the hinge, what solution do you use for a hinge? Stainless steal door hinge?

Comment

The hardest part is the hinge, what solution do you use for a hinge? Stainless steal door hinge?

I was going to go the route most of these guys suggested, and make a hinge to mount the factory holes, and weld to the GSA hinge, but going back to the talk of Zack being a procrastinator, and now I pulled all the TAPs hardware and filled all the holes, tomorrow I’ll mount the GSA like a new install, and screw and 5200 those to the boat, with the old actuator in the new location. Wasn’t the suggested route from guys that have done it, but it will work and be a clean install in the end.

Comment

3" open SS piano hinge with 1/4" pin. Either drilled or not. I prefer to dill my own holes, but if you're starting from scratch you can use predrilled.

Comment

Is your boat Taps or GSA, now? I want to see what an honest person that goes from GSA to the new plates has to say. I guess you’ve had enough experience with all of the above to know what works best. Assuming you’re going powder coat this time?? When are you starting??

It's TAPS3. Tige sales will tell you this new tab is the best ever. I expect little to no improvement over GSA, but still better than TAPS3. I just like this current look and the simplicity of the build. I will polish the SS again, similar to my last tabs. I'm down to one more item on my list of projects to get done before I can start this. So hopefully next week. I actually was at the dealer a couple weeks ago picking up my boat and took measurements of the new tabs. Unfortunately I forgot a couple key measurements so I'll have to go back there and measure again.

Comment

It's TAPS3. Tige sales will tell you this new tab is the best ever. I expect little to no improvement over GSA, but still better than TAPS3. I just like this current look and the simplicity of the build. I will polish the SS again, similar to my last tabs. I'm down to one more item on my list of projects to get done before I can start this. So hopefully next week. I actually was at the dealer a couple weeks ago picking up my boat and took measurements of the new tabs. Unfortunately I forgot a couple key measurements so I'll have to go back there and measure again.
                              Hahaha!! I picture you camo’d out, crawling under the fence into the back lot, tape measure and a scratch pad!!

Well, of course “they’re the best ever”, no boat company has ever sold anything in a different way. I just re-read your GSA thread, before I started the install, and your reiteration of how tedious the polishing was, made me sure you’d go powdered. I’d be curious on the dimension difference between them and GSA. I’m assuming GSA being longer than TAPs has something to do with needing less deployment angle. I’m stoked to try mine this weekend. Hopefully I don’t screw anything up on this install!!

Comment

Working...
                              X