Need to sell: 2002 22i - Nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to sell: 2002 22i - Nice!

Been a long time since I have been on this site!

Looking to sell my 2002 Tige' 22i ski boat. This boat has been probably the single most realiable toy we have owned. I looked for a long time for a versatile tournament boat that would do both waterskiing and wakeboarding well and this was an easy choice once I went out and demoed it. I purchased it brand new in 2002 and have used it almost exclusively at American Lake where I live. I have taken it a few times to Eastern Washington over the last 8 years too. My wife is a slalom skier and loves the wake, but my daughter and my friends and I wakeboard and wake surf and it is great even without adding extra ballast. I have all the original documents from when I bought it and also 95% of the service records. In fact, it's in the shop as we speak getting dewinterized and tuned for the upcoming season. Usually we are already hitting the water this time of year, but just been too busy to get after it. Plus, we just don't use it quite as much as we like so we are going to sell, and take a break from boating for a bit as other hobbies have taken over.

The boat itself is in great shape. It is approx. 22' in length, about 23'6" with the platform on, and has a 102" beam which is super rare for a direct drive! Makes for nice wide interior space. It has only 365 gentle hours on it. Most of the time we just take it out in the evenings so my wife and I can get a set in and then float and swim. Then just idle back to the dock. We have taken as good of care as possible, even with having a couple of smaller children. The interior looks excellent...all the seams, and curface cushions are great, with only one small 2" tear on the motor cover that happened when my son dropped a board edge a few summers ago. Not all the cushions are in the boat in the pictures...I take some out during the winter and store them. Carpet is also like new. We keep it cleaned and vacuumed religiously. Dash is great, all gauges work perfectly. I upgraded the already nice sound system a few years ago with a new Clarion marine head unit, 2 Kicker amps, a custom built Kicker sub underneath the drivers footwell, two remotes for the stereo...one on the dash and one on the back of the boat to adjust the stereo while swimming. I also added Ipod hookups which is convienent. I replaced the tower speakers with a pair of Fusion 3 way chromes. They sound really good. And the boat has mids and tweets thnroughout the interior.

The gel coat is in good condition. It gets waxed a few times a year with a few minor, normal scratches which are expected over 8 years time. The swim step is going to be re-teaked this weekend. over the summer it tends to weather a bit, but simple process of just cleaning and re-oiling it to look new.

The motor is the Mercruiser 350, 315 hp with the original 4-blade stainless prop. Great out of the hole, even with 10 people on board. Runs fantastic!!! I also have a two battery system with Perko switch so you can float all day and listen to the stereo and still have plenty of juice to crank it over at the end of the day. Also has the TAPS hydraulic trim tab system which allows you to clean up the wake depending on how many people you have riding with you...great for switching between skiing and boarding.

In terms of options, I ordered the boat with just about every option offered by Tige in 2002. The upgraded stereo, center ski pylon, Perfect Pass Riders Cruise Control, heater with pull out hot tube (probably the kids favorite thing ever for chilly evenings or mornings!), two batteries, tower speakers, swing tongue on the trailer, and a custom fit Rankin boat cover (the best on the market IMHO). Fits nice and tight and doesn't rub when being towed. Rain just runs off....

The trailer is an Extreme tandem axle trailer with disc brakes on both axles, and a swing tongue. Original tires were replaced two season ago, and have maybe 40 miles on them. The reason for replacement was I had a blowout on the way to take the boat in for its seasonal tune and the tire blew and flew off the rim and banged the passenger side fender. You can kind of see the small crease in the fender in one of the pics. Just cosmetic and since the boat stays on the lake all year and I rarely trailer it, I never got around to getting it fixed or repaired. But the trailer tows the boat beautifully!!!! Rolls so smooth!

Book on this Tige and trailer is close to $26,000 which is a solid price for this year of boat and the number of hours on it. I would like to get $23,500 for it but open to offers. I will throw in some valuable gear if you need it as well as part of the deal. I have a barefoot boom that we bought a few years back to help teach our kids to ski and board (barely used) worth $300-400, some skis, a wakeboard or two, vests, ropes, and some other goodies so the new owner doesn't have to go drop a ton of money on accessories!

Two things that I really appreciate about this boat are the way it handles rougher water (tige's are known for their heavier construction and rough water capability) and the amount of storage for a direct drive. One of the most unique interior layouts on the market. Not just your typical bench seat across the back. I have more than enough room to carry all the gear we have....3 boards, wake surf board (up on the board racks on top of the tower), 2 slalom skis, all our vests, safety gear, water toys, various ropes, towels, etc and still have ntohing on the floor!!! Its great!! The boat also has a built in, self draining cooler which has easy access under one of the seats.

Check out the pics. If you want some more, I will take some when it comes back from the shop. It really is a sweet boat. If I wind up keeping it, I am confident that after another 8 years and 300 more hours, it will still look like new, and have held its value. Look at what some of these mid 90s boats are bringing for price! What I am asking is less than half what I paid so the depreciation is largely been eaten already by me! Thanks for looking! Feel free to call me at 253-468-2529 if you have any questions. I would be happy to deliver it up to 500 miles for just the cost of gas and some brew. I am located in Lakewood, Wa. Just south of Seattle.

Very nice, the 22i is a great boat! Good Luck.

Comment

Thank you! Much appreciated! I would definitely look at another 22i down the road...been a great boat.

Comment

Super looking boat!! I also have a 22i (2004) with fewer hours. I do not know your market, but in my area, 23K is too high. In this market, 17K would probably sell it. I wish you all the best of luck with your sale!

Comment

That's too bad your market is down that much. I have already had 3 parties seriously interested after being on the internet for only a few days at the price I am asking. I am pretty confident it will be gone soon. Just need the shop to hurry up and get the tune up done!

Comment

Working...
          X