Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy tower for 2003 Tige 20v

hello

I want to buy a new tower for my tige 20v, my tower moves a lot.
    I like the new towers inverted as the alpha z tige, Malibu, new nautiques, where can I buy a tower of these?
    thanks

from what I've read, they are really expensive. Around 8000$ for one. Plus they don't get screwed into just the fiberglass. They are reinforced all the way down in the stringers. I don't really think you can retrofit these towers on the old boats.

Comment

^^^ Ditto, my suggestion would be to contact ragboy on this forum and purchase a samson tower.

Comment

I do not think a tower cost so much money

I think it's fairly easy to retrofit my boat with a new tower.

that I can offer samson towers?
        photos, $??
        thanks?

Comment

joakin - you are located in Spain, correct? Are there any Tige, Malibu, or Nautique dealers near you? For the 2-leg, forward swoop towers like the Alpha-Z or Illusion, I would speak with a dealer about the install. Unfortunately, I think they will be difficult (and expensive) to install, if it is even possible.

The other option is to contact tower manufacturers that specialize in retro-fit towers. Their towers will be much more easily installed and less expensive. Two of the brands that seem very well liked are Samson and Monster.
          http://www.samsonsports.com/wakeboard_tower.html
          http://www.monstertower.com/

Comment

In fact, Samson even makes a reverse arch tower:
            http://www.samsonsports.com/wakeboar...m_reverse.html

Comment

I'm a mechanic and work quite well in stainless steel and aluminum, and guess I could put it, but in Spain there is only one dealer of nautiques and malibu and the tower does not sell boats that are not nautiques or malibu
              I like the model SWITCHBLADE like to stay in the tige 20v? you think that this tower will not move with the beating of the waves?

Comment

Originally posted by joakin View Post
                I'm a mechanic and work quite well in stainless steel and aluminum, and guess I could put it, but in Spain there is only one dealer of nautiques and malibu and the tower does not sell boats that are not nautiques or malibu
                I like the model SWITCHBLADE like to stay in the tige 20v? you think that this tower will not move with the beating of the waves?
                Send a private message to the member "ragboy" on this site (or send him a message at his website www.wake9.com ). He is a dealer for Samson and says that they are rock solid. I think that he has the Switchblade on his boat, and he became a dealer because he felt their product was outstanding. He should be able to help you make sure that it would fit properly, and he may be able to get it shipped across the pond to you.

Comment

I looked into the Alpha Z tower and the estimates that Bobby suggested are just about right from what I have researched and have asked my dealer. Tige is now the builder of the Alpha Z tower because Metcraft (the original maker of the Alpha Z tower and the original Bu towers) has gone or is about to go out of business.

Comment

I wrote yesterday a private message to tngo ragboy but not even answer, nobody knows the exact price of an alpha z? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by joakin View Post
                      I wrote yesterday a private message to tngo ragboy but not even answer, nobody knows the exact price of an alpha z? thanks!
                      He will get back to you, it was labor day weekend and he was probably out with the family.

Comment

I'm sure that ragboy will respond, it has been less than a day.

Regarding the Alpha Z - without a dealer near you, you would need to contact Tige directly. I suggest contacting them via http://www.tige.com/contact.php or e-mail them info@tige.com

Comment

and I already talked to tige directly and says it sold the tower on alpha z previous models, 2009

Comment

joakin - something else to consider is that the Alpha-Z may not fit on a 20V. Your boat has a 96-inch beam. I don't think that you can even buy the 2009/2010 20V with the Alpha-Z tower. I know on our boat, with 102-inch beam, it goes almost edge to edge. I think the smallest boat with it as an option is the Z1, with 100-inch beam. That 4-inch difference would be a problem, in my opinion. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                              ^^^ Ditto, my suggestion would be to contact ragboy on this forum and purchase a samson tower.

I changed from stock to a Samson Razor and am happy with it. The tower with dual rack and a couple of lights will run near $4k before install costs. They are great towers. My only gripe is in real rough water mine squeeks. it does not rattle but sqeeeks.

Goto to Samson Sports for pricing. Scott will usually take some charges off at season end

Comment

Working...
                              X