Where to Get Tower Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Get Tower Accessories

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get the best prices on lights and tower speakers to add on to a Samson Tower?

It depends on what you want. For just speaker cans with car audio in them you can find some cheap ones on ebay. Monster tower is supposed to be coming out with cans that have the polk db675 coaxials in them, so that would be a good choice. If you want pro audio tower speakers the best is www.nvs1.net and skylon is now making some of theirs with pro audio. They can be had at www.wakeside.com or www.buywake.come. If you are a do it yourselfer I can tell you how to make a sweet pro audio system yourself. I made mine and it sounds incredible, blows car audio out of the water. Monster tower also has lights, as well as the other web sites listed above. Good luck on the accessories.

Comment

thanx for the help....

Comment

akdoc

I would love some diy info on pro audio. May not use it for the boat, but would like to give this stuff a try.
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc
          If you are a do it yourselfer I can tell you how to make a sweet pro audio system yourself. I made mine and it sounds incredible, blows car audio out of the water. Monster tower also has lights, as well as the other web sites listed above. Good luck on the accessories. [/B]
          I am updating our system and can use all the help you have to offer. I am adding two speakers to our new tower that will also work with the four existing hull speakers. I figure the tower speakers on two of the four channels and the hull speakers on the other two channels. This way I can fade the volume from the tower to the hull. I have the clarion multi-channel amp which should work fine (640 max watts). Looking forward to your input.

Comment

draginass,

Pro audio is not that hard to figure out. My system uses all eminence products except for the horn. I have eminence asd1001 compression drivers matched with a selenium horn. I have eminence alpha 6's for the midbass. I used an eminence 3.5kHz 2 way crossover. You have to figure out the frequency range for each component and then get a crossover to match. Pro audio is mostly 8 ohm, you can also get 16 ohm. If you stick with 8 ohm you can wire it all together to get a 4 ohm load, which works for car amps really well. THe only problem with that is you lose stereo sound unless you have 4 sets of everything. I would be glad to help you out with specific questions!

TigeDuner,

What kind of speaker are you adding to the tower? I assume it is car audio stuff. Say you use the front 2 channels on the amp for the 2 tower speakers, they will see 80 watts RMS at 4 ohms, so get speakers that RMS at 80 watts at 4 ohms. The four hull speakers can be wired in parallel, so I would run the right 2 speakers to the R rear channel, and the left 2 speakers to the L rear channel. This will create a 2ohm for the rear 2 channels of the amp. I don't know if that will be a problem or not. I don't think it will hurt anything. Those channels will put out about 115 watts rms per channel, each channel has 2 speakers so about 60 watts rms for each hull speaker. That should be plenty. If you want to really hear the music while riding you would probably need 4 6.5's on the tower. We had 2 boston acoustics 6.5 components on our tower last year and you could hear them while riding, but not perfectly. I would also recommend to use the High Pass crossover on you amp and get a sub to fill in the low frequencies. Let me know exactly what speakers you are going to get, or I would be willing to price out my pro audio system for you. Let me know.

Comment

akdoc, thanks for the help. The tower speakers have not been purchased yet. I am looking for a pair of polished speakers (fusions or Makos w/ MB Quarts 6.5) that will match the board racks as the tower is black. I am assuming I will need a second amp for the sub? I was planning on using #4 cable to the amp and between the batteries with a Stinger sr200 isolator for the second battery. Do you suggest circuit breakers or fuses? Thanks again.

Comment

TigeDuner,

The 4 guage cable should be fine. In my boat I have fuses, stinger is a good brand for that kind of stuff. If you choose to get a sub, you will need another amp. If that is the case you will want to run power and ground distribution blocks, stinger makes those also. Run 4 guage for you ground wire also and ground it to the negative pole on the 2nd battery. Actually, if you run 4 guage to your amp location you might as well just run it to a distribution block just in case you ever add amps.

Make sure you upgrade to the reference series MB Quart 6.5's, they will sound much better than the discus series. That is product number RCE 216. Good luck with the install.

Comment

akdoc, thanks for your help. We should have the boat back with the new tower some time next week. Any ideas on where to purchase the tower speakers at a reasonable price???

Comment

Working...
                  X