Fresh Air Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Air Exhaust

I am thinking of getting the FAE for my 2100v and was wondering what people thought of it. Does it do anything to the wake performance? I know the website says no, but I wanted other opinions. Also how does it prevent water from backing up the pipes while the engine is off? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Justin

there are a ton post on here regarding FAE. Everyone loves it. I don't have one yet but want to. Short version everyone says there is a little adjustment to limit the spray from the down tub. Install is pretty straight forward and easy if your DIY. You may loose a 1-2 mph on top end speed. I think I covered the major points. I am sure someone will chime in if left something out. Good luck.
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

I've had one on my boat for 4 years. It's been great. I bought it primarily for sound reduction, but now that we're surfing more, the CO reduction is a bonus.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Well, for those of you that have egged me ever so lovingly...

Mine is on the way. But even better yet...

We are going to be doing before and after CO measurements, and doing a complete wake9 video on CO safety, revolving around the FAE, and then we will also be giving one away. So stay tuned...
        http://wake9.com/

Comment

That is awesome. Thank you for all the reply's! One last thing though, How does it prevent water from backing up into the tubes. Right now the boat has those rubber pieces covering the exhaust holes. I realize the rubber is not much, but its something. Is there any baffeling inside the tubes or something or just from the pressure of starting it up and running the motor forces it out? Thanks again for all the help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
            Well, for those of you that have egged me ever so lovingly...

Mine is on the way. But even better yet...

We are going to be doing before and after CO measurements, and doing a complete wake9 video on CO safety, revolving around the FAE, and then we will also be giving one away. So stay tuned...
            What if you don't find a difference, then what...?

I'm interested to see the results of your real life test.

You the man Rag
            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I am actually going out today, to do the before measurements. And then install it later in the week, then out again for after measurements.

My guess is, I am going to find a lot of CO on the deck and rear of boat, because I can smell it when I sit in corner when we are surfing. And when I am on the deck, helping a kid, it is worse. This is the primary reason for me getting it. I am guessing that we will find, it is safe BEFORE and AFTER wakesurfing. I think the safety issue is more traveling at slow speeds puts a lot of CO on the deck and rear of boat. But I will let you know what I find.

I can tell you that Larry Mann from FAE was thoroughly excited to do this, and loved what we were doing at wake9. He even loaned me the CO measurement equipment. His confidence alone makes me feel good about it.

Should be fun, I will start a thread when I get the before measurements.
              http://wake9.com/

Comment

Alright Rag! Can't wait to see the results. I know you're gonna love it.

J5, they are the best man. Once you have one, you'll never want to be without one.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                X