For those that have to use flags for skiers/riders - new flag holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that have to use flags for skiers/riders - new flag holder

I went to the "Mile High Meet and Greet" this weekend and won a new flagholder as a door prize. It's called the "Flag Buddy" and it works like a champ! I won it and immediately installed it (3-5 minutes tops) and was very pleased with how well it works. I know there are some other alternatives out there but I believe they are a lot more expensive, this one is $29.95 for the tower mount version.

Here's the website:
    http://flagbuddy.com/

Now if they could make that mechanical, that would be the bomb!!!!! Looks clean

Comment

What do you mean by mechanical? You can adjust the tension so that it will fall when you take off. I guess the mechanical would be, up/down on its own?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
        What do you mean by mechanical? You can adjust the tension so that it will fall when you take off. I guess the mechanical would be, up/down on its own?
        Up and down on it's own or when a button is pushed by the driver.

I know they have the mechanical ones available but they are expensive.

However, with the one they have, you have no reason to lose the flag, step on it, or "misplace" it in the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
          Up and down on it's own or when a button is pushed by the driver.

I know they have the mechanical ones available but they are expensive.

However, with the one they have, you have no reason to lose the flag, step on it, or "misplace" it in the boat.
          Screw that, just have it wired to the speedo so that it goes up when you're going less than 8-9 Mph and down for anything above that.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Flag holder at speed?

I've been looking for a way to fly my "beer flag" and US Yachting Ensign Flag off the top of the tower since my 24ve doesn't have an older stern light pole where I used to fly my flags.

Will be strong enough to hold up a flag when you are crusing around? Not just the ski/orange flag

Comment

The mount is only big enough for the thin poled ski flags, not sure on the diameter. It has a tension adjustment so you can keep the flag upright all of the time. Maybe email them? They seem pretty responsive, I submitted through their contact us to thank them for the donation to the event and got an email within an hour.

Comment

Working...
              X