Help needed...wake surf setup on 2022 Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed...wake surf setup on 2022 Z3

We are new to the surf scene and purchased a 2022 Tigé Z23 last year. We didn't get the boat until the middle of the summer, and I never had a chance to really dial in the surf wave. Everyone talks about how the Z3 produces a great sporty wave with a lot of push, but I could never get it right. When we would run a mellow wave on the Taps3T for the kids, it would never be very clean. When I would surf (6' 5", 240 lbs), it felt like the only way I could get enough push was with a steeper wave, but it was very short. I would be immediately behind the swim platform; the wave was never very clean again.
    My family loves this boat, and I want to love it too, but I need help with the setup. Since I am a novice, I use the Go system without many adjustments. I found a forum online that discussed the setup on older models of the Z3, but nothing since they re-released the Z series. Since we typically ride with only 4 - 6 people when surfing, I added 500 lbs of lead(read this on a forum for a 2016 Z3). 150 lbs on the port and starboard quarter, 150 lbs on the storage locker on the port side, and 50 lbs on the storage locker on the starboard side.
    I am seeking advice from some more experienced surfers on setting up the boat for this upcoming season. How do I get a cleaner longer wave? Should I take more water out of the ballast in the front to get more bow rise? Would increasing the speed get a longer wave when I am surfing? Is the added lead necessary? What is the perfect setting for the center tab?
    I don't want to sound desperate, but I am. I hope someone can provide great insight to ensure an incredible summer on the lake this year.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

I am in the same boat as you (pun intended). Subscribed.

Comment

For a longer wave adjust your speed up to 11.4 or 11.5 mph. If you let ballast out of the front, that will shorten the wave.

Comment

I only had a chance to see our wave during the demo the day I bought it. Wave was great for us. Full ballast with 3 adults at 11mph. Wave was big and clean. We used the Go settings but then adjust the 3T to 4 and wave was great.

Comment

I’ve bn in a handful of new z3 boats and what I’ve seen that works great is 11.3-11.8 mph full ballast and 600lbs of lead in the back 300 a side at the front of the bags
          surf till u die.

Comment

Working...
          X