X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny Harf lands a 1080

No video of it yet, but the story is on Wakeworld.com

Danny Harf's 1080

"So how long do you think Danny Harf has been waiting to bust this thing out? He's been red hot in 2006 dominating the pro ranks and killing it even when there isn't a judge in sight. Less than a week ago he topped the WakeWorld Riders Choice Awards for the first time, he took the Pro Tour season title, he moved to a brand new board company, Ronix, just a little more than a month ago, has been riding his all-new pro model and now we see this...a 1080 landed just hours ago.

We still don't have any photographic proof, but I just got off the phone with Andrew Adkison and he said that Danny definitely landed a very clean heelside frontside 1080 in Clermont, Florida. Rusty Malinoski was at the wheel of his MasterCraft X-star and Andrew Adkison was making his film debut behind Danny's camera. "I was about 15 minutes into my video career, so I saw it through the lens," said an excited Adkison. "I wasn't really sure what I saw so I looked over at Rusty and he had the same shocked look on his face. We weren't even sure what happened until we saw Danny celebrating."

Danny dropped the handle and the congratulatory back slapping began. Ben Greenwood, who was riding the same line behind another boat saw it all go down as well. So it was documented by four witnesses and a video camera with a rookie behind the lens. "We've watched it about ten times already," said Adkison. "Danny's not even sure what he's going to do with the footage yet. We're all just hanging out trying to soak it in."

The elusive 1080 was first done by Parks Bonifay back in 1999. Parks landed a switch toeside 1080 and most of it was caught in a black and white photo sequence by Bill Doster. There have been rumors that the late Mark Kenney also pulled at least one 1080, but it was never documented. Now Danny Harf can add his name to a short, but elite list.

Danny will no doubt give it another try at Parks Double or Nothing contest set to take place next week. "
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"
Working...
X