New (to me) 2005 Tige owner - need help! Switch 20i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New (to me) 2005 Tige owner - need help! Switch 20i

I am new to the site and looking forward to enjoying my Tige 20i. After having taken it out for the first time this weekend, I am having two problems that attention immediately! I have the Indmar 5.7L engine.

1. Need to replace the thermostat that stuck open (better than closed, I know). I have found the Sierra part# for the stat but can't find the gasket anywhere I can obtain quickly (before this weekend). Any thoughts? I have been able to crudely "make" my own gaskets for other engine repairs but am a little concerned about doing it here. Also, what type of sealant around the gasket is best to use?

2. The dripless shaft seal is leaking bad. It looks like there isn't enough pressure/tension from the bellows, or it needs to be adjusted to compress the bellows more to keep pressure between them. Any thoughts or recommendations? Would I likely be able to find set screws locally to reposition the stainless steel rotor? The PYI website showed a video but said not to reuse the set screws.

As typical with boat maintenance, we are leaving in 4 nights for a lake trip. Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated! I can get the thermostat from Amazon in a day, but the other parts/issues I don't seem to have a quick solution for.
Working...
X