Maintenance Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance Questions

Ok so I am almost done on my first DYI maintenance, but I have a couple questions. How many lubricant spots are there where you add grease using a nipple provided by the manufacture on a 2013 R20 PCM 343? I know there is one on the rubber, is there any others I should look for and add grease? Also, other than the throttle linkage any other place that I should lubricate with oil or grease? Also, when I change out the fuel filter what do they mean by the following:

10. Install the new O-rings in the same location. Lubricate the new O-rings with a fuel resistant O-ring lubricant.

11. Apply pipe sealant, suitable for use with gasoline, to the threads of the 7/16” plug.

What do I use for these two items? I have no idea what a fuel resistant lubricant is or a pipe sealant for use with gasoline? What are these and where do I get them or is there something else, I can use? I asked at the auto parts store, and they looked at me funny and had no idea what I was talking about

Lastly, I am planning to use Rotella T4 for my oil change since that is what Shell told me to use since they no longer make Rotella T. They said it does meet the SM/ GF-4 requirements which are now obsolete terms for oil designations. Anyone think I should not use the T4 even though Shell and my local mechanic said to use the T4.

Brian
Working...
X