Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargeing issue 2006 22v new Alternator needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chargeing issue 2006 22v new Alternator needed?

Ok I’m now thinking of upgrading my alternator to a 95amp/hr. I require the part number for the upgraded unit for my boat. The motor in my boat is the GM 5.7 Vortec. 350hp. The pulley has a double v belt arrangement.

THE REASON FOR. CHANGE

Since I have had the boat I have always battled to maintain a good charge rate to the house battery’s.
    I have upgraded to a new split charge unit. There was a 1volt drop across the diode block that the boat came with and this improved the situation at The time.

Currently I have max charge rate of 13.7. Volts on the cranking battery with the amp off and the charge system split (only charging cranking battery). Once charging both the batteries it runs a rate of 13.5 on both. The problem comes when the amp is used. The charge rate drop to around 13.1 on the cranking battery and less on the house battery. The rate on the house battery goes as low as 12.1volts when the amp is played hard.
    Thinking that the house battery was not good I had it tested and it came back with a good result. But I decided to change it to a 100 amp/hr unit any way so I know the battery is good.i have had the alternator remove and checked with no problem to be found. Is there anyone that can give me assistance?? and the required part number and make for the alternator required. Where to get it online at a good price may also help as I’m from SOuth Africa. Or is there something I still have missed?

Lastly since I have had the boat there has also been. 1 volt drop between the charge rate at the battery and the meter on the dash.
    Attached Files
Working...
X