SYN-DX 1.3 ohm stable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SYN-DX 1.3 ohm stable?

Looking to run my 6 in boats on 2 channels on my SYN-DX2 in stereo. 3 4ohms in parallel is about 1.3 ohms calculated per side. Anybody run these amps below 2 ohm per channel? Will they handle this load gently? Is risk merely overheating, tripping into protection or will there be some permanent damage expected? I know I can’t be the only one that’s wanted to try this.

The one thing you need to keep in mind, is that the 4 ohm advertised spec is the driver's nominal impedance. The actual static impedance can be lower. Then when you factor in the music, the running impedance can dip even lower. So, odds are, any amp with a minimum 2 ohm p/chnl stable, is going to not like a 1.3 nominal load.

Now, lets say it could work. Thats a net of only 125W rms p/driver. What is their wattage or is there another amp option you have on hand?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Looking to run my DX-2.3 on my in boats to get about 200w plus to each. Understood the tweeter is the weakest link in the Revo coax. Objective is to achieve more full range sound for passengers with minimal distortion.

if adding more coax Revos is another option, where is most common spot to make the holes? 2017 Z1.

Comment

The ideal amp would be the SDX-6 for that wattage range for three pair of speakers.

More speakers can be more efficient in gaining volume v's more wattage. Not sure where I would add additional speakers.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Anybody put a pair of XSS (either 6.5 or 8s) here? Seems least structural for drilling holes, easy access and a good direct fire spot for passengers. Any pics if so? 8C3D878B-9950-4C17-9E74-26B59BE07BA8.jpeg

Comment

Just got finished with the 2.3 install. Wanted to post here as I thought it turned out pretty clean fitting the 3rd amp symmetrical to the others in case anyone else is contemplating the same. I moved the stock amps down about 2 inches. For the top amp, the lower mounts still lined up in old factory holes. For the top mounts, I glassed in a pair of 1”x1” cubes and painted black to screw in the top mounts right below carpet line.

I’ve been married for 12 years so feel free to be brutally honest with feedback, I can take it. Ended up mating the 2,3 to a 12” in a sealed enclosure until I can figure out my ported enclosure for that area. It pounds as long as the locker is open. Will have to figure out a vent much like most have posted here.

IMG_2480.jpeg

Comment

Working...
            X