Static/Feedback questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static/Feedback questions

Good morning, I am hoping someone might have some insight into a weird issue with my stereo. It's not a factory system but I don't think that matters. Here is what I'm experiencing:

If I turn the key to accessory (left) and the stereo is on, I get horrible popping and buzzing from all the speakers. Even with volume low, popping is loud to the point I immediately turn it off. If I start the boat, no issues with the stereo playing, sounds great. Really strange and may be related to issue #2.

Issue #2: With stereo playing I can idle around or go slow. The first bump I hit, the stereo shuts off and begins the start up process again. Probably some strange ground wire is loose, but the first issue may be related to this one. Could it be the key unit? I haven't tried tracing the power from the key to the rest of the system yet simply because you know what the wiring looks like under the helm....good grief!

2005 22i.

Any insight is appreciated. I don't have access to the boat unless at the lake but I'll try whatever suggestions you have when I get down there.

Thank you in advance!
Working...
X