HELP! Transmission issue 2001 21v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Transmission issue 2001 21v

So all of the sudden the boat started acting up on me… a weird deal that day when I went to start the boat, it through the serpentine belt when we backed it into the water… got that issue resolved pretty quick but then the boat would not drop back into actual neutral… it would come back to neutral on the throttle control arm at the helm but would stay under power ever so slightly… so I have messed with the linkage on the transmission and it basically won’t go out of gear… if I manually move it to neutral… the prop still spins and it I move it past neutral to reverse it shuts off… is there something I’m missing? The 1:1 velvet drive transmission fluid level shows close to full… and the blue Walter 1.46-1 V drive did show low initially… I put about a half quart in it and now it shows full… only other thing I was tinkering with slightly is the throttle cable on the intake… I added hydrophase ridesteady and it wasn’t liking to start after sitting in the cove for a while… it acted like it needed a few more RMP’s to idle… I could from the cove manually move the linkage and it would stay running with no issues after that… I’ll take any advise! I know she needs a bath…

-TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Working...
X