2006 20V Transom Swim Deck mount broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 20V Transom Swim Deck mount broke

Was out a few weeks ago on the Ross Barnett Reservoir (Brandon, MS) with friends and family when I heard a loud noise and a shudder in the boat I knew was not good. While the kids were jumping in and out of the water the transom swim deck bracket on the left side broke. I could not tell exactly problem at the very moment (dark water) but we ended up calling it an early boat day. Thankfully no kids or anyone was injured. I found Mike at Alloymarine.com and after multiple questions and emails back n forth he recommended me changing to XX90LA. I sent him my old brackets and he drilled the brackets to match my mounting holes. Everything worked perfectly, except I did not account for the lip on the rear of the boat and the design used I needed another 1/4 of space. I ended up drilling new holes (filled old ones) for the mounts and 48 hours later we were back on the water! The swim deck is rock solid and Mike answered every question or concern I had. Very timely turnaround so we could have the boat out for the 4th of July boat parade and fire works!! I highly encourage anyone with an older style TIGE to take a look at those transom brackets.
    Attached Files
Working...
X