Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 Tige 21v LTD

Hey all, new here....

I'm looking for some information. I'm a new boat owner, So I guess you could say I'm a total noob!

Im picking up a 2001 Tige 21v LTD, 350 engine. It has 1000 hours and has been sitting on a rack in storage for the past 2 years. Previously to being shelved, I've been told it was out on the river and when attempting to pull a rider up, a loud bang was heard and it had to be towed back to storage. I was told the transmission is done-for. Other than that, the motor is great and the decking seems solid. The upholstery has been bad for a few years now, and will need to be redone. I was told the "Console board has gone out and will need to be replaced, and probably rewired". Only the tach works, and sometimes the gas gauge works.

I know I'm getting into a project here, but I'm getting it for free as a wedding present.

Does anyone know what trans is in it? I've done a little looking, and I believe it to be a Borg Warner Velvet Drive, but I'm not sure what the gear ratio would be? Also, are there any other things I should be paying strict attention to when going over it in my shop?

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Working...
X