Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tige Owner - 2006 24Ve

Guys,

I just picked up my new to me 2006 24Ve last weekend and am looking things over to see exactly what I've got. I've been reading the forum for a while to learn as much as I can but I do have some questions. I'll be pestering you guys over the next several weeks with questions as I get familiar with my new boat. Thanks in advance for the help.

Several questions I have at the moment:
    1. There is a red light on the dash that illuminates while the boat is at idle but turns off once you engage the shifter and throttle up. The previous owner said that is how it has always worked. Does that sound correct and what purpose does the light serve?
    2. The boat currently has one engine compartment exhaust blower but looks like it is vented for two. Should this boat have one or two engine compartment blowers?
    3. What is the electrical device shown in the photo?
    4. The steering is very stiff. I'm sure I need a new steering cable based on what I have read on the forum. I looked at the rudder for a place to lubricate (read this on forum) but I don't see a grease zerk anywhere on the rudder assembly inside or outside the hull. Access to the rudder /steering cable is extremely limited through the engine compartment. Am I missing something?
    Attached Files
Working...
X