No announcement yet.

1994 2002 fslm comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the shaft bore 1"or 1 1/8"? Everything I read says 1 1/8 but I pulled a 1"off it last night. Nick's the winner. Know if you can change a gel coat color?

Comment

Originally posted by AdaminMN View Post
      I can only get 36-37 mph out of mine. That's with the new 300HP engine and the stock 13 x 13 SS factory prop. I think the RPM's were around 3500.

I'm going to try to do some tuning this year to see if I can get a little more out of it.
      New prop. I had a 13 x 13 OJ that was stock on mine. I went to the Acme 653, 13 x 11.5 3 blade. Huge improvement across the board. Way more low end and more revs, giving me more top end. I was pretty concerned that make that big of a drop in pitch would kill my top end. It didn't. It was like getting 50 more HP. The new props are far superior in design.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I kinda hijacked this thread. Sorry about that. I'm gonna start my own with some pictures. Any suggestions on what section? For props, would the I drive section be it or under mechanical?

Comment

Just looked at my stock stainless prop, it has 13" x 13" x 1 1/8" LH stamped on it. If I remember right the drive shaft is tapered, so it may be 1" where the nut is, but I'd put money on the fact that its 1 1/8" dia. where prop seats. I primarily ski and the ACME Techs recommended at 525 for my usage. Looks like the cup is slightly different between the 653 (0.060") & 525 (0.080").

You can start a thread in the i-drive section, or the general section. The general section seems to get a lot more viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaminMN View Post
            I can only get 36-37 mph out of mine. That's with the new 300HP engine and the stock 13 x 13 SS factory prop. I think the RPM's were around 3500.

I'm going to try to do some tuning this year to see if I can get a little more out of it.
            Hard to make 300 HP with a small block at 3500 rpm. You got something going on....
            My bone stock 265 hp mag skier on same boat with same prop made 41 all day. You should be lookin at 43-ish.
            My current motor in the 20i (2007) is 405 hp 383 (that I built after I had a run-in with a plugged tranny cooler) gives me 46-48 mph on a boat that's 1000 pounds heavier.
            Your 300 hp should push that boat nicely over 41.
            So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy_houseboater View Post
              Hard to make 300 HP with a small block at 3500 rpm. You got something going on....
              My bone stock 265 hp mag skier on same boat with same prop made 41 all day. You should be lookin at 43-ish.
              My current motor in the 20i (2007) is 405 hp 383 (that I built after I had a run-in with a plugged tranny cooler) gives me 46-48 mph on a boat that's 1000 pounds heavier.
              Your 300 hp should push that boat nicely over 41.
              I think I remember AdaminMN putting a 454 in. A prop change would definitely help. Could it maybe be your speedos are a bit off...they are quite easy to mess up when cleaning the gauges? I downloaded a speedometer app on my iPhone and calibrate each time I'm out. I'm not a motor guy, but could it be as simple as the RPMs, as the velvet is a 1:1 ratio?

Found what I sent to ACME when looking for a new prop:

prop_mfg: CVP
              prop_pn: 13 x 13 1 1/8"
              prop_diam: 13
              prop_pitch: 13
              prop_bore: 1 1/8"
              prop_blades: 3
              material: Stainless Steel
              rotation: Left
              max_rpm: 4000
              max_speed: 42
              max_units: MPH
              boat_mfg: Tige
              boat_model: 2000 SLM Comp
              boat_year: 1995
              oal: 20
              boat_weight: 6 adults
              hull_speed: 42
              speed_units: MPH
              engine_mfg: MerCruiser
              engine_model: 350 Mag.
              engine_year: 1995
              fule: Gas
              power: 265
              rpm_low: 700
              rpm_high: 4000
              no_eng: Single
              cid: 350
              gear_ratio: 1

I primarily ski, and ACME recommended a 515 prop, (not a 525, I guess I'm a little dyslexic sometimes) I have a 515 on my boat right now.

Comment

Ya, don't trust the factory Airguides. I use a speedo app on my phone as well. I just downloaded a new one since the last one would not display in 1/10ths of mph. I'll try it out this weekend.

Joe, which speedo app are you using?

Note: thread diversion enabled on this thread. hellcat started this thread and never came back so, divert away.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy_houseboater View Post
                  Where is that thread dude? Is it a stroker?

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                    Ya, don't trust the factory Airguides. I use a speedo app on my phone as well. I just downloaded a new one since the last one would not display in 1/10ths of mph. I'll try it out this weekend.

Joe, which speedo app are you using?

Note: thread diversion enabled on this thread. hellcat started this thread and never came back so, divert away.
                    app = Speed Box Free

I think its only as accurate as your GPS signal is. I tested it with my truck and its quick accurate at 70 mph.

Comment

Looks like my old boat. I gave mine to my son and he traded it and $ for a Centurian with bags.

Comment

Working...
                      X