No announcement yet.

How to make your own Indo Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, got around to making my Indo Board. Started w/ a piece of scrap 6" PVC. Used a piece of 3/4 plywood I had in the shop. Bevelled the edges and sanded the whole thing. Stuck on a couple of strips of non-skid from Lowes. Put on a few coats of poly....done

Non-skid from Lowes.....$9.95
    Scrap PVC from construction site.......5 to 10 in minimum security
    left over plywood........still need to finish up that project
    polyurethane.......wasted money on water based
    watching the wife bust her a$$ on this thing......PRICELESS
    Attached Files
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I made my own as well. I used 4" PVC cut to 18" long. I also filled it with sand to give it some rolling resistance. I had an old skateboard I bought off of ebay that I use. Works really well.

Put my son on it before he went snowboarding, over spring break. Decreased his learning curve, dramatically. Now to get him on a wakeboard.

Comment

Little big isn't it?
        The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
          Little big isn't it?
          Don't know, is it
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Well mine is this big.

Comment

Well mine is this big.
              Size 10 1/2 shoe for judgementation, Just be lucky you can't smell my shoe

Skate deck also doubles as cheezy snowboard.
              Attached Files

Comment

Little big isn't it?
                From www.beachtradind.com :

The original Indo Board is:
                • 30" x 18" long with 6 inch diameter roller.
                • The easiest model to learn on.
                • Fun for riders of all ages and abilities.
                • Includes a FREE training DVD
                • Available in Natural as well as the 3 colors shown:

Comment

You bought it???

Comment

You bought it???
                    No, just pointing out the size of a store bought one. Mine is a little longer but not as wide. All in all, less sq"'s

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      watching the wife bust her a$$ on this thing......PRICELESS
                      Wait 'till you see your father break his a$$ on it. Now that my friend, is priceless.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

very good guide to making your own indo-board, including dimension!

The following guide is pretty good!
                        It has the correct dimensions of the indo board too, including some cool youtube videos on some cutting techniques. I recommend you take a look!

http://luno2012.hubpages.com/hub/How...-balance-board

Comment

Here is mine. Works great! I copied an older shred stixx custom and some old traction. I have a 4" pipe and a 6" inch.
                          Attached Files
                          Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

That's awesome Duffy!

Comment

I can spin on it and do little jumps. Nothing to fancy yet. I love watching people eat **** on it though!
                              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Those are some pretty slick set ups. We used to use the ol' two liter bottle and skate deck back in the day when I skated all the time, probably even before the bongo board. If you are trying to truly replicate skateboarding there is no substitute for the bottle and deck, but you will pop it over time. It will be messy when it does. If you do the bottle the cap is a week spot if you are doing pop shuv its or something that requires air and land on the cap. Also watch the windows as the board can quickly become a rocket!

Comment

Working...
                                X