Rear ballast won’t drain 2009 Tige RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear ballast won’t drain 2009 Tige RZ2

Took the boat out for the first ride of the season I was able to fill the rear ballast bags but unable to drain. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting, and could someone also tell me where the pumps are located.

Thanks

Thank you very much for responding.

To the best of knowledge it’s a factory setup. When you say hard tanks do you mean like in floor ballast tanks? I can see bags when I look in and one is still holding water as it won’t drain will I have to get under that full bag somehow to access tanks? Apologies for my lack of knowledge.

Comment

In my 09ve it came with fat sacs in the rear lockers on top of the hard tanks. The ACC switches L & R on the dash operated small pumps that drained from the fatsac in to the hard tank. You then had to flip the main ballast switch to drain the hard tank. It was a painfully slow process and have since switched out the 400lbs bags to chpthril's 1200lbs bag on the port sided running independent dual fill/drain from the bag and isolated the hardtanks.

If I was to make a recommendation I would consider pulling the hard tanks and go with a single large bag to fill the whole compartment.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I sometimes can hear the pumps running but it’s intermittent and I’m not getting any water to actually flow. I checked fuses yesterday and everything seemed fine. Are there dedicated pumps to each side ? And let’s say it was a 2010 does the ballast system differ greatly from 2009. Once again apologies for my ignorance.

Comment

The pumps for the hard tanks are on the up against the stern in the back lockers. Ie Below the Taps pump on the starboard side and below your batteries on the port side. You'll have to pull the back walls out to access. Port side you may even have to remove the batteries. You should see the wires coming up from the pumps.

Comment

Ok awesome! Thanks I will have a look there and see if I can get it sorted. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

chpthril, your PM is not working. What's the best way to contact you?

Comment

Working...
              X