Limp mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limp mode

Hey all, need some advice please. 2007 22Ve with MP 5.7l. The boat went into limp mode last weekend. I just replaced the TPS, and calibrated it. Tried her out, and still in limp mode! Just replaced the alternator a few weeks ago, if you think that may have anything to do with it. Any ideas on what to check next? Thanks!

Do you have the factory dual battery setup? If you do that could possibly be your issue or just low voltage on your batteries.

Comment

Thanks Grebva. With the help of Chpthril, I changed to the ACR system last year. I've got 2 brand new batteries, plus the new alternator. The gauge shows 15v while running.

Comment

This is a bump, and...can anyone tell me if the throttle plate should move when the throttle is advanced, but the key is in the "on" position, without the engine running? Trying to figure out if I have a throttle actuator issue.
        Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Gumby. I called Marine Power, and the guy I talked to nicely said to get off my wallet and go get it checked diagnostically There's just far too many causes for limp mode; I could replace all kinds of parts and never get to the root.

Comment

Well, at least he said it nicely! When you figure out please post.

Comment

There is a rewire you can do so that TPS power and ECM are on the same battery. Fairly simple. I can send you diagrams and such if you are interested in trying that route.

Comment

I have a 2006 I can take a pic of what mine looks like.

Comment

Thanks guys. boonecragun, I'd love to see that diagram if you don't mind sharing. My email is ritchie.weil@gmail.com. thanks!

Comment

So...still can't find a decent mechanic in this town without a 3 week waitlist, so I bought the Diacom software myself. Loaded int the laptop, went out to the boat, and for the life of me cannot find the connection fro the ECM to plug it into! The Diacom manual says it should be near the ECM; I searched the engine bay for 45 minutes with no luck. Later, thought...might Tige have made it remote and put it under the dash? 2007 22Ve with MP5.7l.

Thanks for any help, I'm so frustrated at this point!!!

Comment

Let me see if I can find a pic. It’s plugged into a dummy plug on the strbd side just under the carb cover.

Comment

Found it. This pic shows the MEFI 4 plugged into diacom port. On my boat this male connector was plugged into a female connector. Just disconnect and then you can plug into diacom port. Starboard side on engine just resting on valve cover.

Comment

In case you have Mefi 5/CAN connector for 2007.

Also check out this thread:
                          Attached Files
                          Discuss everything related to the Tigé V & Z Series.

Comment

Thanks Boone! I found the data port, attached under the engine lifting ring, completely out of view. I hooked up my laptop with the diacom software installed, and... it won't communicate with the ECU. Not only that, but now my display between the gauges on the dash flashes "no data from ECU for more than 25 seconds". So very frustrating.

Comment

Hey @boonecragun could you please share the rewire diagram for the TPS power and ECM? I have a 2006 24ve that will occasionally go into limp mode while idling (no throttle, turn boat off and then back on). Dual battery setup with Blue Sea Systems switch. Currently disconnected the 2nd battery but still having the limp mode issue. I have read many threads on here trying to come up with a solution. Hopefully the rewire helps!

Comment

Working...
                              X