2008 22ve Ballast setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 22ve Ballast setup

chpthril Alright I guess I need to contact you to set up my boat. I don’t want to do a complete surf setup, just something nice to transition from wakeboard to surf. No professionals here hahahaa! But I want rear locker sacs that don’t transition under the seats and I do have the bow ballast. My question would be what size ballasts do I need that won’t break the bank. Obviously I have no idea what I’m talking about have 0 experience with this

Does the boat have the factory ballast with the hard tanks across the transom?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I did not see any indication that there was any factory ballast on the boat and I don’t see any toggle switches to indicate factory ballast either

Comment

Thats a good thing on this generation boat.

SO heres my take on pro and beginner surf waves. For boarding, a beginner wants a smaller wave until they get used to crossing the wave and then working toward getting a little from a small jump. Surfing? A beginner will benefit from a large "pro like" wake. The gibber the wave, the less the new surfer has to work to stay in the pocket. An advanced surfer could surf a 17" jon boat with a 20 horse Johnson on it. Ok, slight exaggeration, but I hope you get the point. A beginner needs big surf wave, unlike a beginner boarder.

The best $$$ to Lb rear locker sac for that boat, is going to be the Fly High W719 Jumbo surf. Not the best fit, but also not the cost of a full custom. They will fill the locker and not extend under the seats. These would give you in the 800# range in each rear locker.

We can supply these with fittings and an over the side pump kit. Or, if you are ready, we can put together complete plumbing pump kits to fill and drain right from the drivers seat.

Are you going to run the listed over or more evenly weighted in the back and use a surf device?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hahaha! I totally get the point! The guys I do surf with, they are always looking to get the wake better and better, but like I said, the crew that would be on my boat wouldn’t care so much, just having fun is more like it.

I’m thinking for wakeboarding it will be weighted more evenly in the rear and weighted up front with the sac I do have. Obviously weight is dependent on people on board. And surfing I do have a wakeshaper (no clue what it is, it came with the boat when we bought it). What I understand is heavier on the surf side and lighter on goofy side. So the transition would be in the value of dumping the bag effectively after wakeboarding if that was what we wanted to do and vice versa.

with that said, I wouldn’t be ready for a complete plumbing kit as of yet, I don’t plan on keeping this tige more than a few years.

Comment

Working...
          X